Author Topic: Discover University Confirmed!! Information thread.  (Read 20327 times)

Online scoed

• Watcher
Re: Discover University Confirmed!! Information thread.
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2019, 12:23:51 AM »
You know it is almost playtime when a pack gets it's own board. Simbots here we come. Can't wait to kill one with water! That reminds me anyone find out anything about the new death? How can I collect it's ghost if I don't know what it is? I wonder if simbots have ghosts. Now that would be cool.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2019, 07:48:43 AM »
Honestly, I haven't been as excited for this pack as I have been for some others in the past, as there are too many things missing for me that I wanted to see make a comeback. But as I watch more videos, I am slowly becoming a bit more interested. I'm getting this pack today and I thought I'd put down in words my thoughts on this pack so far.

Pros:

Robotics Skill, this looks really interesting and it seems difficult, about time we had a challenge! Loving the Servos and Bots and can't wait to see what I can do/make with this skill. Also a fan of the robotoc arm and hover suit, can't wait to make Iron Man/Tony Stark!  :D

Debate Skill, kind of interested in this just to see what I can ... *ahem* ... "Persuade" Sims to do with it.

I definitely want to have a relationship with a Professor to ... um ... "Help" my grades, shame you can't whoohoo them, Hopefully there'll be a mod to fix that. ;)

CULTS! Wait ... did I say that out loud? I meant the Secret Society, I can finally make my own Covens, it'll be great with Vampires and Realm Of Magic, looking forward to a Cult Mod. :D

Other things, such as Bicycles, Soccer, Pranks and Kegs interest me too and of course Shower Whoohoo.

The return of the Repo Man!

Cons:

No option to do online courses, what a shame.

It doesn't seem like Sims can get juiced, I hope this is not the case.

No Herb or any other kind of experimentation.

Where are Bunk/Loft beds, Pool Tables and Vending Machines?

Too many Rabbit holes, I don't mind the courses being those, that makes sense but I wish the Graduation Ceremony and Soccer Game were not.

Soccer doesn't have nets with goals to score, it just two Sims kicking a ball around ... really?

No Professor whoohoo, boo! (I'm gonna try and find a way around that).

Courses don't cost enough money.

This pack does offer some interesting gameplay and could be quite a fun experience but I just feel like it's missing to much of that experimentation that I feel a University pack should have, it just feels a little PG rated in my opinion. I'll just have to play around with it and see what I think.

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2019, 09:08:02 AM »
@Rainbow Dash Good news I have read from a quality source I am not supposed to link to, that not only can you woohoo with your professor you can marry that sim. Bad news woohooing with your professor will not affect your grades. But high relationships with them will unlock an interaction that might. If you marry the professor or he/she joins your household he/she loses his/her job like father winter. So you can woohoo you professor but not for grades. Of course this is not from an "official" source but they were supposedly going off an official Q&A released to gamechangers that didn't get to go to Sims Camp. So there is hope for professor woohoo!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2019, 09:46:39 AM »
@Rainbow Dash, although there are no "online" courses, my understanding is that your Sim can live anywhere and attend university. They'll go to a rabbithole class, but they can stay in Willow Creek, etc.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2019, 03:18:17 AM »
Posted by: scoed« on: November 14, 2019, 09:08:02 AM »@Rainbow Dash Good news I have read from a quality source I am not supposed to link to, that not only can you woohoo with your professor you can marry that sim. Bad news woohooing with your professor will not affect your grades. But high relationships with them will unlock an interaction that might. If you marry the professor or he/she joins your household he/she loses his/her job like father winter. So you can woohoo you professor but not for grades. Of course this is not from an "official" source but they were supposedly going off an official Q&A released to gamechangers that didn't get to go to Sims Camp. So there is hope for professor woohoo!

@scoed That's good to hear but I really wanted the option to woohoo a Professor to get a nice little bump in grades, mostly because it's a bit naughty and would make for some interesting stories, lol. Still, I guess a high relationship with them and a little imagination can go a long way, I will be looking for a mod to spice this up. ;)

I have decided to hold off on getting this pack until I finish the Bingo Tournament Challenge as it would be a pain to install it and then have to disable it, I've only just started Procrastination is a wonderful thing.

Honestly, I'm more looking to forward to the new Community Vote Packs right now, hehe.