Author Topic: New Configurable Stairs  (Read 4909 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
New Configurable Stairs
« on: September 06, 2019, 12:19:40 AM »
First of all, the stairs are FANTASTIC. But there is one thing I'm struggling with - spiral stairs going up a tower - size: 3x3 squares.

First of all, when stacking two circling stairs on top of one another, this can be done, but there are annoying little squares of floor tile that shouldn't be there - in the middle, and under the beginning of the second floor stair - see the attachments. I can't work out how to delete these squares and keep the stairs as they are.

When I tried to spiral a stair from two stories up, the stairs won't spiral under themselves - I get a red error image (see the attachments).

So the only way I can make nice looking spiral stairs going up a tower is to put a 1 square room in the middle of the circling stairs, so there's all wall there instead of a nice drop to look down at the stairs.

Any one have any better luck?

Sorry if I've done these image attachments wrong - it's been ages since I've been on here.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
Re: New Configurable Stairs
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 02:46:49 AM »
The first (red) attachment is not a view that'd let me help much but, if I understood everything correctly, you need a space of (at least) one floor (on normal wall height) between two sets of stairs - your example seems the space you have there is not a full floor.

As for the 'spiral' tower - can't you delete the 1x1 'room' after? If yes, I think it's an elegant way to force the stairs where you want them.

I have yet to try anything more than simple L-shaped staircase myself but I can imagine it'll need some trial and error.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 02:58:24 AM »
The red attachment is not two sets of stairs, it is one set of stairs coming from two stories up. It shows that you cannot spiral a stair under itself, even if the height is enough.

I tried walling in the one floor space (making it a room) - I can delete the one  floor space inside but the moment I delete one of the walls, the one floor space reappears.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 04:29:03 AM »
Okay,  I've checked, it gives an error when you try to wrap a staircase around itself.

So far, I've played with it only a bit and it works relatively well - though it can look weird to lead a pet down the stairs (but that was an issue with straight stairs as well)

Offline sawdust123

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 05:47:32 PM »
I did a stair tutorial on the Official Sims Forum (aussie division) that might help. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/966371/sims-4-stairs-tutorial

anything