Author Topic: Save to My Library builds not showing up  (Read 17277 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Save to My Library builds not showing up
« on: July 06, 2019, 02:29:33 PM »
Currently have two household members, me and my great-grandaughter, (Kaythulhu ID), are having a hard time getting our builds to show up in our library and sometimes, in gallery.  If I remodel a Maxis build, for instance, and while in build mode, click on Save to Library, it doesn't,  Or at least it can't be found either by typing in my ID, the name of the build, or anything else I've tried.  This is true for all builds, not just remodels, both with and without CC.  Kaythulhu has some truly awesome builds which she has tried to upload to the gallery, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't seem to work, because if you go to the gallery and search using her ID, you can't find it.  If I go to the section with my name on it, ( Menu has, News, Gallery, My Library and a section of just my builds under my name), still can't find things I've saved to my library.  There have been times I've wanted to save Maxis builds, like base game houses they built so I can use/replace builds acceptable in ID play, and again, save to library just doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong or how do I find things I've saved?  I have not tried going directly to EA online gallery but only searched from my pc while in game.  I'll check EA now, just in case.

EDIT:  Apparently EA Community/Gallery is just for those who are active in their community.  Neither my builds nor granddaughter's shows.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Save to My Library builds not showing up
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 03:31:35 PM »
I too am having this issue. I built a bunker house I was proud of. I showed my sister-in-law and she wanted it so I put it up gallery so she could download it and it isn't there. No CC or anything. It kind of upset me. I can save it to my library just not to the gallery. I just gave up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »
If you have the lot built already. Leave it where it is in the saved game and try resetting the Sims 4 folder and then get into the save and try re-saving the lot and/or sharing it to the gallery.

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

I was able to save a house to the library and view it. I don't upload to the gallery, but I have read where resetting the Sims 4 folder helps with some gallery issues as well.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »
@Joria  I'm able to save to my library and to upload to the Gallery both with cc and non-cc builds. The uploads show and so do all the saved lots to my library. I'm not sure how to help but I wasn't sure what you meant by: (Quote)

"Apparently EA Community/Gallery is just for those who are active in their community."

The Gallery is (or should be) available for anyone who has the Sims 4 and has an internet connection. These seems super silly to ask but have you the Options Menu>Game Options>Other> Online Features Access ...checked?

I know there was  bug around some while ago where the Gallery wasn't working correctly and I'm just trying to find some details about that now.

@scoed  to you get any sort of message when you tried to upload the lot to the Gallery? Or was the little cloud icon just not there on the left corner of the build when looking at it in your library?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »
It was a about a year ago and honestly I not sure. I remember a message saying it was put up. Could never find it so I down loaded the file on a thumb drive and gave it to my sister-in-law that way.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 09:42:26 PM »
@Joria  I'm able to save to my library and to upload to the Gallery both with cc and non-cc builds. The uploads show and so do all the saved lots to my library. I'm not sure how to help but I wasn't sure what you meant by: (Quote)

"Apparently EA Community/Gallery is just for those who are active in their community."

The Gallery is (or should be) available for anyone who has the Sims 4 and has an internet connection. These seems super silly to ask but have you the Options Menu>Game Options>Other> Online Features Access ...checked?

I know there was  bug around some while ago where the Gallery wasn't working correctly and I'm just trying to find some details about that now.

@scoed  to you get any sort of message when you tried to upload the lot to the Gallery? Or was the little cloud icon just not there on the left corner of the build when looking at it in your library?

Don't know about the Game Options feature.  Will check that.

If I go to the gallery I can click on anyone's item and save them to my library just fine.  But I couldn't get the ones from kaythulhu, nor find anything by searching her name although I had some of her stuff in my library already.  Soooo, I went to my library, and clicked on one of her builds, got it up and clicked on HER NAME, shown in tiny letters in red in the body of the words.  This brought up her gallery with all her builds in it.  I selected one I didn't have and wanted and clicked on it.  This brought it up with save to my library at the lower left hand corner, and download to the right.  Clicking on save to my library I get a message saying I saved, but it doesn't show up in my library.  So, bring it up again, same way and download to a lot.  I chose Newcrest, (big empty land? names elude me of late), and put it on correct size lot.  I then went into the downloaded lot and clicked on build which brought me into the lot as if I was going to build on it.  At that point I clicked on, Save to Library in the build menu and it did.  So for some reason I can't get it directly from the gallery even though she has uploaded it.  As far as the gallery is concerned she doesn't exist either by EA id, or following and neither do I.  Of course, the now saved lot shows up as being built by me!  Not a problem in this case as I'm not going to re-upload her builds, couldn't live in the same house if I did!.

To clarify my routine when playing, I ALWAYS delete cache, cachester, thumbnail cache, clear out my screenshots, (so I don't mix stories up), check the save folder for .ver files which I delete, go to Origin and do a repair game.  I've taken out a lot of cc, (don't have mods), just because I'm not using it and it slows my game down.  Do you think if I took my save folder out, placed it on desktop, repaired game per usual and then replaced new save folder with the old one that would work?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 12:46:21 AM »
If I understand correctly, you've already tried repairing the game and tried searching and downloading from the gallery, but that didn't work?

If not, then try what you mentioned - move the saves folder out to the desktop and repair game to see if that works.

I'm not able to duplicate the problem. I am able to search both your EA Account ID and Kay's, download lots from your gallery pages to my library and place them into a town.

Photo links added under the spoiler

If all else fails, you may need to back up your Sims 4 folder and try with a fresh folder, using the link posted above. Or you may need to clear your Origin cache:

Clear Origin Cache
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything