Author Topic: [BUG] NPCs killing dormant plants in Granite Falls  (Read 1984 times)

Offline zetshia

• Nooboo
[BUG] NPCs killing dormant plants in Granite Falls
« on: April 15, 2019, 12:08:09 AM »
I made the mistake of going to Granite Falls in the winter which is a complete waste of time since you can't fish and all the unidentified wild plants are dormant. While my sim was bug hunting I noticed that the Ranger was "weeding" the dormant plants after which they would disappear completely. I later saw the hermit doing the same thing. They only targeted the the unidentified plants not the base-game wild plants. Has anyone else seen this? Will  the plants respawn in the spring or are they gone for good? My sims has the outdoor enthusiast aspiration so I need those plants :'(

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: NPCs killing dormant plants in Granite Falls
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 11:26:37 AM »
Yes, they should respawn. I went in the summer and the NPC gardener was there clearing wild plants. They came back the next day. It seems like any Sim with high gardening skill does it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: NPCs killing dormant plants in Granite Falls
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:37:57 AM »
Yep, they will respawn as @reggikko  said but what an annoying bug! I had to race around trying to harvest everything I needed before the NPC's 'weeded' all the plants out as I didn't want to have to hang around for them to respawn! Luckily I harvested everything in the Hermits area before he got around to 'weeding'.

Usually the plants will respawn the next day. I guess we should probably report this as a bug, tbh I completely forgot to when I saw this over a month ago. Oops!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.