Author Topic: City Native Aspiration  (Read 26378 times)

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
City Native Aspiration
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:59:08 PM »
I'm not seeing anything about the new "City Native" aspiration, either on the Guide or here on the forum, so I thought I'd share my notes. @Carl  and Pam, feel free to post this on the site if you wish.

City Native

Reward Trait: In The Know "Sims with the In The Know trait get a massive discount on all market stall purchases."

I. Tourist
  • Introduce Self to Someone New in 3 Different City Neighborhoods (75)
  • Give an Apartment Key to a Friend (50)
  • Order 3 Times from Food Stalls (75)

II. Inhabitant
  • Achieve Level 3 in the Singing Skill (250)
  • Light Fireworks at the Humor and Hijinks Festival (250) Note: need to light 3 fireworks
  • Use a Bubble Blower (150)

III. City Expert
  • Donate to a Protester (375)
  • Kiss Someone at the Romance Festival (375)
  • Complete a Mural at the Arts Center (375)

IV. City Native
  • Master the Singing Skill (1,000)
  • Win a Contest at GeekCon (750)
  • Live in an Apartment worth §100,000 (1,000)

Notes and My Thoughts: The "In The Know" trait gives your sim a new interaction on food stalls and swag stalls at the festivals, "In the Know Discount", where they convince the vendor to give them a discount. And it is a pretty significant discount! Everything drops to 1/5 of the price it would be normally -- a food dish that normally cost §10 would cost §2, for example, or a §70 festival spark fountain (one of the new fireworks) becomes §14.

One thing that I really liked about this aspiration is that I feel like I was being rewarded for the stuff I would have done normally. This should really have been called the "Explore the New EP" aspiration because that's pretty much what it was. Level up in the new singing skill! Try out the new bubble blower! Explore the new festivals! Light some of the new fireworks! Order from the new food stalls! That, plus the massive discount on market stalls (just like in real life, my sim hasn't cooked once since she moved to the City; why should she, when there's a perfectly good food stall just outside her apartment building serving perfectly good Gỏi cuốn?) make this an aspiration I wasn't at all disappointed in.

Edit: A tip for those using this aspiration: a lot of these things are actions that don't take long at all (visit three neighborhoods, try the bubble blower, get to level 3 in the singing skill, etc.). Check those actions off pretty fast. Other tasks involve festivals, and you never know which one is going to pop up next. Trust me, it really sucks when the Romance Festival comes around, and you're still stuck on Milestone #2 because you never got around to leveling up the singing skill.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: City Native Aspiration
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:14:04 AM »
That sounds like a really fun aspiration, @Caitie!  You explained it very clearly :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 02:56:17 AM »
It is a fun aspiration and I'm enjoying having my Sim doing it. However she has been rather unlucky with the festivals, the Humour and Hijinks festival arrived only a couple of days into the game and my Sim and not had time to knock out the first 3 milestones, so she couldn't do that milestone at the festival. Guess she'll have to wait until it comes around a second time.

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 09:42:32 AM »
It is a fun aspiration and I'm enjoying having my Sim doing it. However she has been rather unlucky with the festivals, the Humour and Hijinks festival arrived only a couple of days into the game and my Sim and not had time to knock out the first 3 milestones, so she couldn't do that milestone at the festival. Guess she'll have to wait until it comes around a second time.

It took a few tries for me to get all the way through this aspiration. Fortunately, I knew that it was coming (the Humor and Hijinks festival always seemed to happen the first Monday of my game, for some reason, enough that I thought that that was the schedule they were all going to be on), so I made sure to make friends with one of the sims in my sim's welcome wagon and hand her a key, then spent the rest of Sunday going around to the different neighborhoods and chilling out, buying food when she was the least bit hungry. I had milestone #1 done in one afternoon. I'm going to edit my original post to include that information.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 02:25:41 PM »
Can this aspiration be completed if you don't actually live in an apartment?  Like, if your Sim family lives in a different town, how would they "give an apartment key to a friend" if they don't live in an apartment?  Would they still have house keys?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 06:15:08 PM »
@Joria --- I think that would be a great idea.  I will check on it the next time I play my suburban family.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 10:13:44 PM »
Does anyone know if the Old Salt House in San Myshuno counts as an apartment? Just wondering if it would work for this aspiration.  ???

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 12:07:01 AM »
@Rainbow Dash --- It is a house, but it is in the city.  Therefore, the Sims living in it are city residents/natives.  You could give one of your Sims the City Native aspiration, and see if it works.

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 07:33:24 PM »
Does anyone know if the Old Salt House in San Myshuno counts as an apartment? Just wondering if it would work for this aspiration.  ???

Like @coolsim9999999 said, Old Salt House is a house, not an apartment. As such, even though it's in the San Myshuno "world", I doubt that the "Give Apartment Key" function is available. Other than that (and the "Live in an Apartment worth §100,000" goal at the end), everything else from the aspiration is perfectly attainable no matter where you live, even if it's a little more difficult.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »
Can this aspiration be completed if you don't actually live in an apartment?  Like, if your Sim family lives in a different town, how would they "give an apartment key to a friend" if they don't live in an apartment?  Would they still have house keys?
@Joria --- I just played my suburban Newcrest family, and "give apartment key" or "give house key" is not in the friendly socials, like it is for city families who live in an apartment or penthouse.

Offline Caitie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 09:43:09 PM »
I just played my suburban Newcrest family, and "give apartment key" or "give house key" is not in the friendly socials, like it is for city families who live in an apartment or penthouse.

I figured that that would probably be the case -- with all we heard about the new "Give Apartment Key" social, they never said anything about a similar "Give House Key" one. Which is kind of weird, to be honest; I have tons of keys for friends who live in the suburbs, and my sister even has our next door neighbor's key (for dog sitting reasons), but none for friends living in an apartment. I think that suburbanites are much more likely to trust each other with things like house keys than apartment dwellers, especially because in the suburbs your neighbors are usually Michael and Kerry and their three kids, versus in apartments your neighbors are often Lewis the meth cook and Molly and her seven cats.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 11:19:33 PM »
@Caitie --- I think it would have been great to be able to "give house key" to someone in the suburbs.  I agree that my suburban family trusts their neighbors more than my city family.  However, that is a fun social in CL :).

Offline Angel

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 12:59:32 AM »
I have a question. Can you do it in a different world?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 02:40:47 AM »
Yes, sort of! Aspirations aren't reliant on location apart from the one requirement in 1)Tourist where your sim is required to Give an apartment key to a friend. The non-apartment interaction of 'Give Residence Key' does not met this requirement so your sim would have to be living in an apartment to do this one requirement. After that they can live anywhere and still complete the aspiration.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything