Author Topic: Gardening...more difficulties or a bug?  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Gardening...more difficulties or a bug?
« on: November 03, 2018, 02:28:52 AM »
The newest wrinkle I've found is my Sin is unable to plant certain things.  Doesn't matter where, whether inside or out, in ground or in container.  Instead she is told to Eat whatever she is trying to plant, but randomly.  So I laid out some things and clicked on them for her to plant.  She randomly plant some and others was told she could eat them but that's it.  She is not my normal gardener but does have Loves the Outdoors.  I do not have or use mods or cc.  In order for her to do anything I had to had her aspiration on Freelance Botanist.  Without that she would do nothing plant related.  She's a scientist and can't complete a lot of tasks because of needing to garden, at least at home.  My other Sims in different saves are doing ok at the moment but their garden is pretty much done except for a few rare and Sixam plants so don't know if this will affect them.  Should I just get rid of the one with the hapless gardener?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Gardening...more difficulties or a bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »
So unless this sim has the Freelance Botanist aspiration selected she can't plant anything? That is definitely a bug. Have you deleted the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder? Not sure that would do anything in this case but it's good to do frequently anyway. Have you tried resetting the sim in question? Or taking her to another lot to try planting there? Is there definitely enough room for the 'seed' to be planted and are you planting 'seeds' that are in season?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 01:13:54 AM »
@Playalot :  Yes, to all the above.  I made another game with the same character and no glitches.  I think she somehow was really messed up.  Time to delete that one I think.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 03:52:34 PM »
Aww that's a shame you had to start again @Joria  sometimes there's no other option though. Hopefully this time things will go well.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 02:34:38 AM »
It was worth it.  It kicked me back into another file I've played off and on, the indoor garden one.  I keep doing new things to the house but really I just love that indoor garden/park.  I'll enlarge it once I get the new plants.  I uploaded it even though it's a WIP, so folks who are curious can see it.  It's called CuppaTea Gardening because I remodeled my tiny little Cuppa Tea to make this huge house.

----------
My No Buy Story