Author Topic: Romantic option not appearing  (Read 6982 times)

Offline diaxy

• Nooboo
Romantic option not appearing
« on: November 10, 2018, 04:04:35 PM »
So, i got the Sims 4 Deluxe for free a few days ago. And it was fine. (p.s yes it had a few bugs, but i fixed them.)
But, one day. I made my 2 elder sims (both man and woman) die from this death cheat (sims.add_buff buff_Death_ElderExhaustion_Warning). I made their daughter and son (both teens) cry, and they had 2-3 sad moodlets for a few sims days. Finally, when both teens were happy and their sad moodlets were gone. I wanted the girl to flirt with the boy, but the Romantic option isn't appearing. Their friendship is full. And i could only do ''Friendly'', ''Funny'', ''Call Over'', ''Mean'', and ''Mischief''.
[EDIT 1]:
Then after when they died (before the sad moodlets were gone) i made my boy sim make a chocolate cake. He aged up himself to young adult, and then he made a white cake and then the girl aged up to young adult.

Also why i did this, because my boy sim had a Romantic trait, and didn't do any romantic things for a while, so he got a Tense +1 from Romantic Trait. I also got him to watch some Romance on the tv, but that also didn't work. But even if also the Tense moodlet is gone, and he is flirty.. It is still not appearing..

[EDIT 2] The boy was flirty and i made a move from the Friendly option, i also made them hug but nothing happened.
Do i have to make them best friends, (anything else you'll probably ask) here?

[EDIT 3]:
1.) What are the specs of your computer?* No idea.
2.) What is your operating system? Windows 7/8/10 or Mac? Windows 7 Ultimate
3.) Are you using Mods or Custom Content? - No
4.) What was the error message/code given, if any? Nope.
5.) What were you doing at the time of the issue? Trying to figure out.
6.) Is your game up to date? What is your current version? Cannot see it.
7.) Is there anything you'd like to add? This never happened before, and i played with cheats during at the time.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Romantic option not appearing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 05:01:45 PM »
Were the teens family like brother/sister. You mentioned that that they had the same parents. Siblings will not have romantic interactions with each other.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Romantic option not appearing
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 08:11:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum @diaxy

Also...scoed is correct. The default game doesn't allow romance between siblings, parents, and so forth.
If you look in a sim's family tree (Simology tab) or check the sim's relationship panel, if a family relationship is listed, their "love" is taboo.
Happy simming!