Author Topic: Weed the World  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Weed the World
« on: October 15, 2018, 04:50:02 AM »
Hey guys,

Do your Sims autonomously remove wild plants too? And do the plants grow back? ???

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Weed the World
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 07:11:38 PM »
Hahaha, I was expecting something different from your subject title.
Thought it was a new story. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 05:00:06 AM »
@oshizu Somehow, I'm not surprised ::) When I posted it, I was actually thinking of Michael Jackson's song 'Heal the world. Make it a better place...' so on and soforth. Anyway, I haven't seen my Sims remove wild plants before. I will assume it's a normal thing for those with some gardening skill. But funny to see Caleb feel annoyed by them ;D

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 12:02:08 PM »
I had it happen once - when I took cuttings enough times (3, I believe) from a single plant to kill it. Not sure if it grows back - it was shortly after saving the game so I just went back to menu without saving and played half a sim day again.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »
@Nindigo

Sorry for the digression.
To return to your topic...no, I've never had a sim remove a wild plant autonomously.
I have had sims remove wild plants deliberately. That was a tip from Playalot about a year or so ago, to try and force a certain type of (missing) Granite Falls herb to grow.
Once it's removed, I don't think it grows back. Could Caleb "place in world" another Sixam Mosquito Plant seed in the same general area?

Caleb, you are acting very oddly!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 02:43:56 PM »
I think I caught one of my sim trying to weed the world. I didn't let it complete the action, so no idea what would have happened.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 04:35:10 AM »
Usually, my Sims just want to "talk" to the plants, but at least weeding seems like a bit more normal activity, even if it IS in a public area.

I don't know. Sometimes, I feel Sims act most normally when they have no skills at all. I still want to put their phones in a bowl of soup though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 02:12:56 PM »
@Nindigo

Please let us know what happens to that poor plant that Caleb removed... Does it grow back?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
Just popping in to say all wild plants that you direct your sim to remove will grow back. Sometimes you will need to leave (travel away from the lot) and then reload the lot (travel back to the lot) and of course your sim will need to hang around actively loading the load giving the plant time to respawn in.

In some cases this can be quite a considerable amount of in-game time, sometimes sim days. Not sure why the timing of this was changed but it certainly can take a lot longer to respawn removed wild plants than previously.

Oh and yes, my sims sometimes will weed wild plants and the dinning room table... and the legs of a sim they are talking to...  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 04:29:54 AM »
Quote from: Playalot
Oh and yes, my sims sometimes will weed wild plants and the dinning room table... and the legs of a sim they are talking to...  ::)

Good to know :o

anything