Author Topic: CAS CC flags lots as modded?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Covenmouse

• Nooboo
CAS CC flags lots as modded?
« on: June 24, 2018, 02:28:08 PM »
I've been trying to find a succinct answer to this, but the only mods I've had in my game are CAS or lighting scripts. I'd made a mod-free lot for the gallery, but the game continually marks it as being modded (note: there are NO sims at all on the map, just the house itself, so there shouldn't be any CC involved.)

Even when I moved to a fresh lot, put a single bit of wall down and tried to upload the lot as a test, it was still marked as "modded." The only way I can get that removed is by completely removing all mods from my mod folder. I also tried putting just the CAS CC back in (no script mods at all) and the game still marks the lots as being modded.

Am I just going to have to play file swap constantly, or is there a way to resolve this?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: CAS CC flags lots as modded?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 02:05:06 AM »
This is a known issue. There doesn't seem to be a fix for it as of yet. However, there is a work-around for it.

[WORKAROUND] Sims uploaded to the gallery wrongly marked as modded
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sims-uploaded-to-the-gallery-wrongly-marked-as-modded/m-p/5145862#M21765

Even if you don't have mods or cc in your game, clear the game cache and delete the the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder to help troubleshoot the issue.

1. Save the Sim or house to the Library. It may be marked as modded.
2. Close the game, and start a new one.
3. Load the Sim or house from the library and try uploading the Sim or house again.

If you are using mods and cc in your game, move the mods folder to to the desktop, clearing game cache and delete the the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder and repair the game in Origin to help troubleshoot the issue.

All issues reported in the bug forum must be tested on vanilla (no mods/cc) games.

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - Do note this repairs the game's install files for the actual game. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted. If you'd like you can copy the Sims 4 folder to a USB key.

This bug isn't actually about custom content. It's about the game thinking there is custom content in your uploads when there's not.

If the above doesn't help, please post about the issue in the thread (first link) above, letting them know what you've tried to troubleshoot the issue.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.