Author Topic: Tips For Money Tree  (Read 21414 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Tips For Money Tree
« on: June 25, 2018, 03:37:42 AM »

Edited: This post is old now and the information is incorrect

Currently the money tree can not be harvested, sims can only sell directly from the money tree itself. Maybe a bug, but probably by design.

If you need a money tree 'seed' to complete your plant collection then you can wait until the Money Tree is ready for harvesting and then place the tree into your sims Household Inventory. This will place the tree and it's harvestables into the inventory separately, so then drag out the fruit and now you will have around 5 money tree fruits. If the fruit still hasn't registered by this stage drag it into your sims personal inventory.

For some reason when you purchase the Money Tree from the Reward Store the fruit doesn't always register in your sims collections tab - this way it will.

This is also a bit of an exploit as this way you could have multiple Money Trees after only spending the satisfaction points to buy one. (I just left the extra fruit in my game in my sims household inventory as I get bored very quickly if my sims become too wealthy too quickly!)

Also note once you've placed the Money Tree in your sims Household Inventory the fruit becomes harvestable after that just like any other plant. (As opposed to only be able to sell directly from the tree like I stated above.)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Tips For Money Tree
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 05:05:04 PM »
Another less involved method of getting that rare money tree seed, no dragging involved. Plant something else as the money tree near said money tree. When that plant is ready to harvest and the money tree is ripe and ready to harvest, click on the non money tree and select "harvest all" and the next thing you know you have a money tree seed in your inventory wanting to be planted and your plant collection is good too. No going into build mode required or moving plants and seeds around.

This works as well but does take time to plant and grow and that plant must be harvested in its season or both must be indoors. Luckily the money tree is a year long plant and not seasonal so any plant will work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 05:59:29 PM »
This method only works for me now that I have dragged the tree into my Household Inventory and back. The problem is that in some games the tree is just simply bugged out.  :)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 10:27:36 PM »
That is true of every plant in the game at this point. Gardening is a giant bug at this point. You may have to do that with any random plant at any random point.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 06:08:02 AM »
Very true, just realized that my grafting bug wasn't just in my game: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Splicing-doesn-t-produce-new-harvestable/m-p/6882771#M64480

Same as slow evolution: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Quality-of-plants-not-very-slowly-progressing-even-with/m-p/6882397#M64417

Weirdly makes me feel a little better about the pack to realize that most of my issues have been bugs other people are experiencing. But sadly gardening in my games is so bugged out that it is impossible to play. Least I realize now that it is due to bugs not because the gardening update sucked quite so badly.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »
This pack was bug riddled. Not as bad as cat & dogs but it was still loaded. To make things worse cheats are often the best way to deal with bugs and they took many of them away. I had to down load my first ever mod to get cheats back just because reset sim/object is too important of a cheat to have locked away. Best way to fix glitches in the game and glitches happen in this game more often than most games.