Author Topic: Misc Bugs from Seasons Patch - Discussion  (Read 3714 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Misc Bugs from Seasons Patch - Discussion
« on: June 20, 2018, 09:08:21 AM »
I got caught in an eternal watering loop. My fireplaces don't work. And my ability to place floors outside vanished. Also some of my sims necklaces no longer show up on certain outfits(my sister-in-law pointed this out to me in her game). But this is a sims game. Bugs are a feature to add randomness to the game or so I tell myself so I don't rage quit.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Misc Bugs from Seasons Patch - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 12:21:37 PM »
@Playalot

Death notices:
I don't know if this is a bug or an improvement but, when I was simming last night, two of my sims received "death notifications" about Selvadoradian vendors that were just acquaintances.
After that, they both suffered the two-day Mourning (Sad +2) moodlet but the father had an extra Sad +3 moodlet for mourning another sim who I couldn't identify.

I'm glad to hear about sims who are family/good friends/BFFs dying, but I don't need my sims being sad for days over the death of sims they barely know.

...I am a little salty about the quality of life 'improvements' to gardening if I'm completely honest. I love my game to be grindy and difficult so making things easier is always a bummer in my book. Probably the only simmer in the world to think that but, hey, gotta play it how ya want it, right?
Although I don't challenge myself anywhere near as much as you challenge yourself, Play, I agree that the gardening "improvement" is excessive.
It takes the fun out of figuring out how to start up a new household and to advance from rags to riches.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »
@oshizu It is a feature. This was mentioned somewhere about sims morning those deaths that happen off lot or while away. No longer will sims fail to grieve love ones who die but not in front of your sims.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 02:53:24 PM »
@scoed
The Selvadoradan vendors were not my sims' "loved ones," though. They were just sims that my household interacted with, just acquaintances, not even friends.
I find it annoying. I foresee my social sims being in perpetual mourning.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 04:13:59 PM »
@oshizu Well maybe your sims cared more for those sims then they thought and when they died, only then did they realize, after hearing of vendors, exactly how much they truly loved the poor deceased vendors they barely knew?  It hasn't happened yet in my game but I am sure it will get annoying quick as some of my ancient original vampires have fed on just about everyone thus knows just about everyone and their blood. With this plus their eternal sadness weakness they may never be happy again. Let hope this sadness about acquaintance deaths if a bug or gets rebalanced. I want my Vamps at least occasionally happy after all.

Maybe keeping social sims happy is the new challenge in the game?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 04:35:46 PM »
Thank you for you kind words, @scoed !
They made me feel as if my sims are profoundly compassionate and gentle-hearted.
The next time I visit the supermarket, I will be extra nice to the person who rings up my groceries.

Your original, eternally sad vampires are in for some rough times ahead!
Hmmm, you're right! The new challenges seem to be keeping popular sims happy and preventing cats from getting stuck on flat surfaces.
Only two more days to Seasons, though!!!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 07:11:30 PM »
The off-lot feature of death/mourning is only supposed to happen to room mates (and I guess family) so it sounds like a bug @oshizu

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 08:31:04 PM »
Please create a new topic (link here) when asking for help with game bugs or issues for this expansion, if you don't already see one here on this board.

This is so each bug or issue has their own topic, helps troubleshoot and more easily searchable. If not, bug post will be merged if there is already a thread on it.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 10:01:37 PM »
Apologies if this is in the wrong topic, I just noticed Playalot's thread about the bugs and issues in game, and one of them being rare seed packets giving out magic beans.. all seed packs give them out randomly as well, I have a nice collection of angry magic beans. The first time I saw it, I was surprised, second time on wards, I just laugh at the game thinking we can plant the beans, but also that it prefers the angry beans to any others.. at least in my game, that's the case.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 05:48:15 PM »
I learned something sad; the infinite water bug is not limited to level one and it may be a plant that is bugged not the sim that is bugged. But found a fix at least it worked for me. I put it in my family inventory for a day then put the plant back and everything was fine again. So maybe it isn't level based like I read.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 07:28:02 AM »
This issue is not a bad one, but my sims energy bar does not go down. The only ones that go down are bladder and hunger.  I don't have any mods for those, so not sure.  It is not a game breaker, I just move their bar down myself, so at least trying to keep the normalcy of the game.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 06:41:02 PM »
This issue is not a bad one, but my sims energy bar does not go down. The only ones that go down are bladder and hunger.  I don't have any mods for those, so not sure.  It is not a game breaker, I just move their bar down myself, so at least trying to keep the normalcy of the game.

How do you move the energy bar down manually with no mods?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 07:41:01 PM »
@Saltypaws
I was dying to ask the same question as Playalot about moving the needs bars without mods.
I've only ever seen the EA devs do that during livestreams.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2018, 07:47:19 PM »
There is a mod by TwistedMexi that corrects the changes the devs made that rendered some cheats useless. See my post here (click) for more details and link.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2018, 05:32:15 AM »

How do you move the energy bar down manually with no mods?

I have UI Extension mod installed.  I try not to use it, but things happen.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?