Author Topic: Fixed- Fireplace won't light  (Read 7724 times)

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Fixed- Fireplace won't light
« on: June 19, 2018, 11:33:08 PM »
I didn't want to start a brand new topic just to talk about the patch, but holy moly, I have to share this.

I've experienced two bugs so far: First, the fireplace stopped working, both autolight and manual light; second, one of my sims is continually bothered by something dirty, even though nothing dirty is in the room. But those are small potatoes to what happened to gardening.

I'm currently working on a save file that I hope to turn into a story, and it's important for the story that my first generation is a "farmer," so I've had him gradually building a large crop of dragonfruit. He has thirty mature plants, and just planted 27 more. The last crop before the patch earned him about $15,000, or about $50 per fruit. After the patch, several of the new plants had matured, and the entire field was ready for harvest. The value of each fruit had multiplied ten-fold, and he netted just shy of $200,000 from the harvest.

If that's not a glitch, if that's how the new "balancing" is supposed to work, especially combined with how easy it is to tend your garden now, with the "area" effects, gardening is going to turn into a simoleon-making machine.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Fireplace won't light
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 11:48:32 PM »
The fireplace won't light is a reported bug.

However, I can't find anything currently on Sim bothered by something dirty, so this might be need to be reported, unless someone else can find something in the EA AHQ Bug Reports Forum?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Fixed - Fireplaces won't light
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Fireplaces-wont-light/td-p/6871979
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:03:44 AM »
The fireplace won't light is a reported bug.

However, I can't find anything currently on Sim bothered by something dirty, so this might be need to be reported, unless someone else can find something in the EA AHQ Bug thread?

[TO ADD] Fireplaces wont light
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Fireplaces-wont-light/td-p/6871979
Thanks. I've reported it. My first bug report, so I hope I did it right.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 01:17:21 AM »
Update: it appears the dirty surrounding things was an old but that I've never encountered before. Caused by neat sim in vicinity of autolight upgraded fireplace. Nothing to do with new patch, probably.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 06:58:46 PM »
Just FYI, fireplaces work if you have Seasons installed.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.