Author Topic: Keep the house unoccupied after move out  (Read 4659 times)

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
Keep the house unoccupied after move out
« on: May 31, 2018, 08:51:07 PM »
I am so sorry. I am new to sims 4, play it only 5 months now) I have so many question as I progress so here is another one.

I built a house my sim lives in it atm but it is time to move him together with his boyfriend. I just love that house he has and I would like to keep it in the world whitout some random sims moves in. I don’t want to save it into my library and buldoze it. (well it is saved just incase some oppsie) but I want to see it on the map/world/.

any help please.

( I searched the answer but I only found how to save it so I am not losing the house and the work I put into it.)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Keep the house unoccupied after move out
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 09:08:44 PM »
If you have the option 'Fill Empty Homes' unchecked in the Game Play options then all houses will remain empty in all your worlds.
Top Right of your screen>Options Menu>Game Options>Game Play>then look for the Fill Empty Home check box on the right of that pop up menu and make sure it is unchecked.

You can always leave it checked though if you want to have your world's homes be filled with NPC familes that the game generates and use the evict function should a sim be placed into your house.

So In the Map View (Manage Worlds from live mode) click on the house that has a sim in it and on the bottom right of your screen you will see 3 dots, click the icon that looks like a house to evict the occupants.

*edited to ad: evicted sims can be found in the Household Management tab under 'Not In World' filter.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: keep the house unoccupied after move out
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 11:22:26 PM »
You can also change the lot type to something like National Park (you may need to add a grill or something to fill the requirements if lacking one) so that is not a house anymore and so no one move in, then change it back when you need it to be a house again. So that is another option.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 01:17:06 AM »
@Playalot thank you for the fast respond as always. Yes it was ticked, I undone it now so my houses left alone in future play.

@scoed...sound interesting. Question if I set the house as park and toss a grill on the lot won’t the game make the np sims go there have weekend party?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 01:39:52 AM »
Maybe. But like a tree falls in a forest and you aren't there to here it, do you really care if it made a sound? In the end the house, from my experience the one time I did it, will be intact. Isn't that what matters? I

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 02:06:30 AM »
@shatinn
I've actually been doing just that in my legacy challenge.
Perhaps because I'm using MC Command Center for that challenge, whenever I download any fabulous houses from the Gallery, the townies immediately move into those homes first.
I made two small neighborhoods of matching homes in Newcrest which were immediately filled while Oasis Springs remained completely empty--it was ridiculous.
So, I evicted those sims then set those homes to "Generic," a lot setting that doesn't require me to add anything to the lot.
The lot is no longer a residential one so no sims will move in. Also, no sims will visit a Generic lot except the ones you are controlling.
Anyway, that is how I'm getting around enabling "Fill Empty Houses" while saving the best houses for my favorite sims. :D

In my dynasty challenge, I am required to have a museum.
I've set that museum to "Generic" as well, and haven't seen a single visitor for 8 generations.
Good luck!