Author Topic: Deleting items from inventory  (Read 20419 times)

Offline shunlvswx

• Nooboo
Deleting items from inventory
« on: April 03, 2018, 08:59:01 AM »
I have a question.  Is their an easier way to delete items from the inventory instead of one by one.  When my family moved into another house, a lot (and I mean a lot) of their items from the other house were put into the inventory.  I used some of the items in the new house, but I want to get rid of the other items I don't want.   And this maybe one other problem with my game lagging.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Deleting items from inventory
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 09:50:49 AM »
@shunlvswx
Do you mean the household inventory or the personal inventory?
In personal inventory, you should be able to click at the top right corner of an item to sell the entire stack.
In household inventory, if you click on an item, a pop-up appears that lets you increase or decrease the quantity of that item you wish to sell. (Yes, you need to click, click, click....)

My games always start lagging after a few generations so I feel for you!
I try to minimize items in both personal and household inventories.

Before you move, place any furniture/objects you wish to keep into your family inventory.
Then, at the Move menu, select Sell Furnishings to receive cash for whatever you've  left behind; they won't appear in your new home's family inventory.
This won't help you for your recent move but perhaps for the next move. :D

Best wishes and happy simming.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shunlvswx

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 10:20:55 AM »
Thanks, Oshizu.  Yes I meant the household inventory.  I forgot about the personal inventory.  I figured their wasn't an easier way.  I thought maybe somebody found a way.

I did do that once and I should had done that instead of saying I don't want to sell all the items.  I guess I thought I was going to use all those items. 

Thanks so much.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
If you are happy to use mods then there is one at ModTheSims which will sell everything in your active sim's personal inventory or househould inventory, I searched for 'sell all' and it was the only one that came up. 

Offline shunlvswx

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:21:55 PM »
If you are happy to use mods then there is one at ModTheSims which will sell everything in your active sim's personal inventory or househould inventory, I searched for 'sell all' and it was the only one that came up. 

Thanks.  I will look that up when I get home.