Author Topic: Can I ask a child/teen to move in?  (Read 36768 times)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Can I ask a child/teen to move in?
« on: April 02, 2018, 02:21:00 PM »
Sorry if the answer is already somewhere, I only found irrelevant answers or for sims 3

I'm attempting an apocalypse challenge, with townies 

I planned to move in a child who would be the gen2 spouse and clear a teen carreer, so she may have a A in school and start her teen carreer with a better level and/or already get some skills. The option didn't appeared, so I tried with the older sister, still, there's no option to ask to move in, whether it's an adult or a teen who is interacting. In both case, I was at good friend level.

I'm not to the point I can use manage world to move someone in forcefully, so is my game bugged and the option should appear, or is it impossible to move in a child or teen?

I'm going to try by asking a parent to move in and only steal the kid in the screen,  but at least I'll know for future gen.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Can I ask a child/teen to move in?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »
I've found that children/teens cannot be moved in directly via social options, neither can they invite people in.  Your best bet is to go with your plan to have a YA or older sim ask a parent to move in but move the child/teen instead, it's how I got Sophia Bjergsen in for my Apocalypse Challenge.

Happy Simming
Helen

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 03:32:08 PM »
Thank you. It's always good to know it's not my game glitching.
Using a parent worked, so I guess Bjorn is fine with giving away his daughters to strange people in weirdly tiny houses with lack of comfort.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 04:16:12 PM »
I'm near the end so Clara was fine with her daughter joining a large, rich household with comfortable beds; especially as she would make a start on her aspiration and come home with a A grade.

anything