Author Topic: Selling stuff  (Read 17848 times)

Offline mamadragon

• Nooboo
Selling stuff
« on: April 01, 2018, 07:57:30 AM »
Hi all,
I can't seem to figure out how to sell stuff - like the things I make on the workbench.  So far the only thing I've been able to sell are the paintings. It has an option to sell to a collector. The other stuff doesn't, though.

I tried moving one of the sculptures onto the floor, but no luck.

Thanks.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Selling stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 10:42:48 AM »
@mamadragon
Your sim should be able to sell sculptures (or violins/guitars if your sim has a high enough skill in those instruments) crafted on the woodworking table directly from their personal inventory.
To sell any of the woodworked furniture, however, you'll need to enter Buy/Build mode.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mamadragon

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 02:12:12 PM »
Thanks. I'll try that.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »
If you have your inventory window open, there should be a "Simoleon Symbol", on the left side of the window. It looks like a coin. Anything that can be sold, you can drag to that window. It will show the price. Drop it there & it will sell the item. Not everything can be sold. It will tell you. Not everything gives you money. Reward potions don't give you any money. It's better to drop those in the recycle bin, for 10 sim. Water glasses might be better to sell, too. For things like chairs & furniture, they won't be in your personal inventory. You have to go to build mode. On the far left bottom corner, there will be a picture of an open box. This is where you will find furniture you've built.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »
I have had it where I couldn't sell stuff a long time ago. I repaired my game and the issue went away. If you find the issue isn't selling the things at the wrong place try repairing the game and deleting localthumbscache.package. It fixes a lot of glitches and bugs.