Author Topic: Trash Fruit  (Read 60007 times)

Offline NicoDescalzo

• Guitarist Muscle
  • Nooboo
  • Nicolas Felip Azul-Ra'miore
    • Nico Descarzo
Trash Fruit
« on: December 03, 2015, 07:43:33 AM »
As I was browsing, I saw, that lots of you need help with the Trash Fruit. Here is a quick tutorial:

1. Get Trash

There are many ways obtaining trash, both with cheat, and without cheats!
One way is fixing stuff, and leave trash at outside grass/sand, another way is kicking trash can.
You also can use cheats, testingcheats true, then bb.showhiddenobjects and search trash...

Leave litter/garbage/trash on ground and dont clean it up! Make sure other sims won't take out the trash!

2. Wait and Watch
Trash needs some time, 'till turning into a plant. If you've got neat sims, watch them!
After some time (1/2 of a day), trash will start to terribly smell. PROGRESS!

This should happen in several hours. This will make sims wanna clean it even more!
DO NOT LET 'EM! Another valid option is fence around the trash, or hide it somewhere. Protect the trash, it you wanna fruit :P
And after few hours, green cloud is gone, and this will be there:

3. Let Trash Grow!

We have out trash fruit! At the beggining, should look like black liquid in circle shape :D
You need to take care of trash plant, like any other plant there is. Water, Weeds etc. You can remove all protection. Sims won't destroy it, however, Trash Fruit-Plant smells horribly, and gives a bad moodlet (not for Messy Slob sims)

After some time, you can pick up Trash Fruits off the Trash Plant. Looks like a pile of trash :D

USAGE OF TRASH FRUITS
There are some usages of trash fruits I discovered, I might update this list later!
I. - You can make Pancakes with Trash Fruit ( :-X)
II. - You can use Trash fruit like a Fishing Bait (One of best baits there are, no joke!)
III. - You can plant Trash fruits, and make a whole farm!

Smelly Trash Park

If something's missing, post a reply, or better - PM me, and I'll finish it! Also, I am Slovakian - not good at english!

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: Trash Fruit
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 11:12:22 PM »
I believe Carl already mention the how to get trash fruit on the Gardening guide although not as thorough as this. This reminds me, I believe the plant is / was bugged (haven't grow one recently) since the perfect quality ones only give normal fruit. In order to get perfect one you need to take cutting of the plant and graft to another perfect plant.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 03:19:49 AM »
Thanks for that tip dodi90. I know I was only getting normal fruit from it even tho the plant was perfect but I didn't know I could splice to another plant to get a perfect fruit. Now I can finally complete my perfect collection. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline NicoFilippo

• One Living Double Life
  • Nooboo
  • In Between of Light and Darkness
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 08:24:17 AM »
Wow! Really useful! I love your character too! And you have the same name  ;)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 08:39:34 AM »
I haven't played with a trash plant before, if you put the "fruit" on the ground, will it show up as a trash pile? This could be handy for searching for upgrade parts! Also, on a side note: you can use the same pile of trash multiple times to get parts. Just have your sim pick it up and drop it again before it gets to the trash can. The "search for parts" option becomes available again!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 08:38:52 PM »
@NicoDescalzo
You mentioned in your original post that Trash Plants make some of the best bait and I'm really curious about your statement since I usually just grow it to complete my collection then place the plant in household inventory.
Does it outperform other plants that are of the same quality (Perfect)? I was just wondering how to judge whether one bait worked better than the others.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
Re:Trash Fruit
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 08:39:12 AM »
Trash plants DO draw bugs, and make your entire garden harder to keep up with, so in most cases it is best to grow them for the collection and then delete them. The fruits only sell for $1 regardless of plant quality(unless they've changed it), and the plant has no unique uses(everything that it can be used for has other options available) so they aren't worth the real estate to grow them, in my opinion.

To be fair, death flowers also seem to draw bugs, but death flowers have unique uses so they are a different story, value-wise. I still recommend deleting them once you have a stockpile though. Eventually you'll get more than you can ever possibly use. 

I'm not trying to be contrary, or to undermine the original post. Just providing some additional perspective. If you want the plants bad enough to do the extra weeding, I respect that decision. But trash plants greatly increase the weeding needed for your entire garden. People should be aware of that going in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shubhampatidar

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 01:59:16 AM »
Thank you for sharing information It is the best to grow for the collection of trash plants, but I believe in a fruit plant nursery.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 03:39:59 PM »
Very old thread. Here's Carl's Guide to Gardening:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/

Grafting Guide:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/grafting.php

Plant List:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/#plant-list

MrsFlyns and My Plant Location Guide:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/plant-locations.php

It's also worth to note that some statements from the opening post are incorrect. The game changes over time and many initial findings are no longer true. We are constantly trying to keep up to date with the current game mechanics/tips and tricks so sometimes reviving on old thread isn't useful... other times it is. This time, not so much.  :)
i.e. trash fruit does not make the best bait and it's only real in-game use is for completing the plant collection.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 03:53:02 PM »
I imagine that trash plants will still give you 10 Sim, when you put it in the electronic recycle bin. Water cups will give you 10 Sim. I like the idea of a ready supply of upgrade parts. I usually stop searching, once my sim has reached the trash can. However, I do keep searching, on the way to the can.

Offline 5Deuces

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 04:27:27 AM »
How do you get rid of a trash plant (kill, dig up and throw away)?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 04:30:05 AM »
How do you get rid of a trash plant (kill, dig up and throw away)?
If it is your own sims garden just delete it/sell it in build mode. If it is in the wild then there should be an option to 'remove wild plant' when you mouse over it.
Welcome to the forum  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 04:07:43 PM »
I keep a trash plant in my garden. It moodlet isn't that bad and I don't get it very often. It needs little or no more care as other plants. It grows quickly and becomes harvestable quickly allowing for easy splicing. Besides I see the garden as more of a collection then a income source. If you don't have a plant growing one of everything it just feel incomplete. Besides it is so random and cool to have a trash plant. It is the crazy that makes the game fun.