Author Topic: Chef and Hospital Receptionist standing stuck outside lot.  (Read 6114 times)

Offline jessallie

• Nooboo
Chef and Hospital Receptionist standing stuck outside lot.
« on: March 14, 2018, 01:46:12 PM »
Recent problem. Had my sim and a friend go to community restaurant (not mine) and the chef was stuck standing outside. I tried to reset the sim but had no effect.  Had to leave because no one was getting served since there was no food being prepared.
Further, my doctor sim goes to work and the receptionist is standing outside of lot and will not enter and go to work.  I tried resetsim on him too and that didn't work.  I tried bb.enablefreebuild and replaced the computer and the receptionist actually went to the desk. However, next time my doctor sim went to work the receptionist was standing outside again.
The only mods I have are IU cheats extension and the blur removal.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Chef and Hospital Receptionist standing stuck outside lot.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 02:16:44 PM »
If you haven't already, move your mods folder to the desktop (for testing purposes) - This is to fully make sure it's not outdated mods/cc or some hidden files in the Mods folder. - Read more in the post linked below:

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

We recently received a new game patch (March 8th) that has made some game mods and custom content become outdated. You need to go through your mods folder to see what needs to be updated.

There seems to be a lot of reported bugs with Dine Out.

Here's one about the Chefs -

Chefs won’t cook
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Dine-out-chefs-will-not-cook/m-p/5389957#U5389957

There are other bug links in the post linked below:

Dine Out - Known Bugs and Helpful Tips
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26705.msg445656#msg445656
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »
Also, have you tried repairing your game since the recent patch(es)?

Offline jessallie

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 11:04:57 PM »
Yes, I have tried to repair game in Origin.  I also removed my mods and nothing has changed.  I don't think it's a specific Dine Out bug since it is also happening at the hospital which would be a Get to Work problem.  Both receptionist and chef are standing outside and not entering either establishment.  The others, waiters, hostess, nurses, etc. are not affected and are each doing their jobs.  I tried shifting and clicking the sims to reset (along with resetsim cheat) but that had no affect either.  This is all a new problem since the last update.  This has never happened in the past.  I also ran the Mod Conflict Detector program for my clothing and nothing came up as a conflict.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 11:26:56 PM »
@jessallie  have you tried in a brand new game with no mods and no cc? Remove all mods and cc onto your desk top then delete the localthumbcahche.package file from your The Sims 4 folder, start a new game and just use cheats if you have to to reenact the scenario where the game bug appears.
I know it's a pain but just testing by disabling mods isn't enough of a test to be able to tell if it is a mods problem, a cc problem or a vanilla game problem.

Also removing the mods folder without deleting the localthumbcahche.package file from your The Sims 4 folder, also isn't enough of a test...it all has to be done together!

Chances are it absolutely is a vanilla game bug as the last patch has introduced many game breaking bugs but you won't know for sure until you test thoroughly.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline jessallie

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »
ok I'll try starting a new game and see what happens.  I did clear the localthumbs cache btw.

Offline jessallie

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 10:18:29 PM »
Okay, I started a new game.  Beforehand I also cleared out my Origin Cache and Sims Cache files.  Initially upon entering the hospital all was fine.  Everyone was at their jobs.  However, upon second day at the hospital career, it was not the receptionist this time, but one of the hospital assistants was hanging around outside and would not go in to work.  So, it seems to be an ongoing problem. I don't see anyone else with this problem so I don't really know what to do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 04:31:14 AM »
Well, that's a shame, I guess all you can do is hope the devs see your bug report. At least now they will look at it as it has been tested in a total cc-less and mod-less game. (They won't look at bug reports that come from modded games, which is fair enough as EA have stated explicitly that they don't support mods.)

Depending on which NPC's are stuck motionless outside the work place you may be able to still play your active sim and progress in the career anyway. It's not ideal for sure but until there is a dev fix that's all you can really do. Sadly the last patch seemed to break many things in the game some of them very much game-breaking.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.