Author Topic: Romance Festival not generating on lot  (Read 6213 times)

Offline Aconyte

• Nooboo
Romance Festival not generating on lot
« on: August 19, 2017, 03:46:54 PM »
So for a long time now I get invitations to the romance Festival, or see the signs pop up in town, and every time I attend the festival I get to the lot and nothing is there. I haven't modded my game at all, the only thing I could think of that would affect it would be that my son owns the restaurant there (from Dine Out) but that didn't make sense either as Geek Con is held in the same lot and that doesn't have any issues appearing.
Any suggestions?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Romance Festival not generating on lot
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 06:40:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :) Are you using the notification from the top right of your screen to travel to the festival? I know some people have trouble when they just travel to the community lot as normal when the festival is on.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Aconyte

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 02:02:44 PM »
Yup, I have tried everything: accepting invitations, going on dates, traveling to the lot, clicking on the signs, clicking on the drop down. Nothing seems to work.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 06:04:48 PM »
Does seem weird that only the romance festival isn't working when the others are. I mean it could be that somehow your game has become corrupt. Does Geekcon clear away so that the lot resets back to the normal lot with the pop-up food vendors and musician etc?

Have you tried in a new game? If so does the romance festival work for you?

Have you deleted the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder (deleting game cache)?
How to delete game cache Tried the same game but with a different household? Tried resetting the sim you are having this issue with? How to reset Sim

Sometimes doing a uninstall/reinstall fixes weird issues but if you have limited internet this might not be a feasible option for you, also not a guarantee to fix this issue although it will make your game run a lot smoother for a while.
Repairing your game in Origin might also help. - In Origin, Games Library, right-click Sims 4 and select Repair.

List of How-To Tips: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26287.0
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 10:04:44 PM »
If I may make a suggestion of trying a Sims 4 factory reset -

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg401669#msg401669

This is helpful if you're having issues with the game. This may clear them up by setting the Sims 4 folder back to factory settings. You won't loose anything, if you backup the folder first. See the post linked above for more information.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Aconyte

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 10:23:35 AM »
Thanks! I'll try all of this and see which gets me back on track. I thought it was super weird too as Geek Con runs perfectly and sets the lot back to normal when it's done.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »
I usually wait, until a friend texts my Sim & invites him specifically to the festival. That seems to make it more likely, that it will be set up to the festival. The festival seems to set itself up a bit later in the evening, so if you go, as soon as you get the notification, it might not trigger until later. Sometimes, when you're on the lot, a Sim will text you. You won't travel, but the Sim will arrive & trigger the festival upon their arrival.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.