Author Topic: Is there a gardening bug that make plants not produce flowers/fruit? (bug).  (Read 13731 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
I love the gardening skill I haven't used it in a while. (I haven't played much a all really.) In another post I read about a challenge called the tomato challenge and decided to give it a go. Anyway I had planned to use trash plants to get a good start as they are free and are great graft targets and grow quick and can get me some early income as the are all season plants. I started in spring with seaons set to two weeks. My starter tomato snapdragon nor trash plant has yet to bare fruit. (Nether has the apple trees but they wont until fall.) None of my plants have born fruit. In fact the only thing I have been able to harvest is one wild snapdragon day one. So other than one snapdragon none of the wild plants have been harvestible. I started the challenge with no mods, in a fresh game with the localthumbcashe deleted. I restarted and in the new game still no harvestables. Yes, I deleted the localthumbcashe again. I am repairing the game as I post. Does anyone know of an active harvest bug? Thanks.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Yes, there is a harvest bug. It's why I'm not doing anything with my Immortal Dynasty at this point. My plants, both in the greenhouse and outside, reach full growth, give off a green mist, and go back to patches of dirt, then start growing again.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Guess no tomato challenge for me. I was kinda looking forward to doing it. Why is this game always so buggy?

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
It's hard to tell what is going on here because there are some details you left out.

Tomatoes are summer plants, so they will only bear fruit in the summer. Snapdragons are spring plants.

Wild plants are kind of weird now. You have to be in a neighborhood for a while before the plants mature enough to harvest. So the old days of just popping into a zone to harvest stuff is gone. I don't really count on harvesting anything in the wild other than the neighborhood I live in.

The other thing is that plants you grow bloom at the same time every day - 5 AM. If you are not on your home lot at that time, they won't bloom. That could be your problem.

You can get around the seasons problem by sheltering plants. You can either build a greenhouse or just plant stuff right next to your house and extend the roof. You'll know because the plants will be labelled as "Sheltered".

There is also a bug that occurs randomly when seasons change. Some plants that are sheltered may revert to dirt piles at Midnight when the season changes. Usually I make sure I am at home when the season changes. Save the game at 11:59 PM and shelter plants that are about to go out of season. Let the game run until after midnight so I can see if anything reverted. If it does, I can go back to the saved game. If not, I can move the current seasonal plants into the open and save again.

Hope this makes sense.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
I never left my home lot as that is not allowed in the challenge. The snapdragons never produced in the spring even though they had time to full mature in the spring. The tomato plant never produced in the summer despite being fully mature. The 10 trash plants despite being year round and fully mature. Nothing was sheltered as you start nothing but a lot and a tomato and you can only make money selling produce from you lot. No harvest no money to do anything like build. Can't even sell produce from wild plants though you can plant them or use them as fertilizer. As I said in two games each 4 Sims weeks or 2 seasons only 1 plant produced anything.

And yes your post made sense as it is how it is supposed to work, and the bugs I knew of. @Highlander thanks for trying to help me figure this out. The plants would grow but never produced anything other than one wild snapdragon in one of two games. Each about 4 Sim weeks long.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
It is a bug caused by the Bust the Dust kit. Worse Sims purchase ever. If you are suffering from that kit with this annoying bug please me too it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-No-option-to-harvest-garden-plants/td-p/10139123

Did they even play yest the Bust the Dust kit for 30 seconds? I am increasingly thinking they didn't. Grrr.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Actually, I had the problem before Bust the Dust came out. When the seasons changed, my garden stopped working. I've been playing in Strangerville, and so far plants have done well there, probably because there are no seasons. You might try your challenge there.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
The issue with plants spontaneously going dormant, usually at the beginning of a new season, has been going on for a long time.  I think that started with the Eco patch.  I don't do challenges simply because I find the game unplayable without mods, so I use a debug cheat to revive my improperly dormant plants.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
There appears to be three different bugs plaguing harvesting plants. One where the plants go dormant inappropriately and is connected to the changing seasons. One the plant don't show harvestibles and weeds yet despite part of the system knowing the state is on the there is no visible clues and no interaction available to fix it. This eventually kills the plant. And the one I have where the option to harvest goes away. The first been around forever and can be fix with cheats. The second since the Feb patch and can be reset by reloading the game. The third is connected with the Bust the Dust kit. I don't have the first two as I can see the fruits I just can't harvest them. I couldn't find a work around for that one.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
I'd flip my lid if that happened to me. I've put all Sims 4 purchases on hold while the first bug (the one that came with Eco Life) is still a thing. It doesn't look like they are interested in fixing it :(

I'm just curious as to why these things happen. I could understand if they had a big gardening pack and managed to break it. But what does Bust the Dust have to do with plants?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
It uses the same timer. @Highlander

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
@scoed Have you tried disabling the pack?  Given the choice between gardening and dust, I think I'd rather be able to garden.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Yes the pack was disabled as it is a great money maker and making money outside of selling produce you grow is not allowed.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Good morning.  I have been having all of these issues for a while.  I did find that the green mist were on the plants in the planters.  I placed the plant on the ground and deleted the planter and it went away.  That one has only happened a few times.  Before the bugs started, my trees and plants would even produce fruit and veggies, even out of season.  The plants would look bare, but the produce would still be there.  They were all inside a greenhouse.  Now, I have the same issue, nothing to harvest, regardless of the season.  I didn't even know you could disable a pack.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
I didn't even know you could disable a pack.

Yes, you can disable any pack you want, and as many as you want.  This webpage has instructions on how to do it, and a handy tool that generates the command you enter:  https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks

anything