Author Topic: Recovering Saved Games - Sims 4?  (Read 3339 times)

Offline RayIsABean

• Nooboo
Recovering Saved Games - Sims 4?
« on: June 10, 2017, 08:34:03 PM »
Okay, so I got an external hard drive, and I want to transfer TS4 over to it. Problem is, I tested it out on The Sims Medieval and it didn't recover my saves after following a tutorial, moving the documents folder over and reinstalling. I also made a backup folder for TS4, but now I can't load any saves on the game as it treats it like a new game. Any help with recovering TS4? It's still on my C: drive. I'm pretty panicked and want to recover my saves without screwing anything else up. I might have messed up, as I moved every file in the saves folder to the backup as I'm tired af. I want my saves.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Recovering Saved Games - Sims 4?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »
If you've saved your Sims 4 folder from your documents [C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4] to your external hard drive you should be able to just copy the folder from the external HD over to your computer. Overwrite the folder and you should be good to go.

Below are some links to posts that explain in more detail of what I'm talking about.

How-To: Copy Sims 4 Game Saves or Folder to Another Computer
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg449653#msg449653

Load Game Option is Gone From the Main Menu?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg460913#msg460913
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Recovering Saved Games - Sims 4? --- Solved!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 03:34:22 AM »
Edit:
Last night, I saved a "testing stuff" game --- and it overwrote my Sullivan game --- my main family since forever :'(!

How-to recover a save that you overwrote:
Can I get it back?
The answer is "Yes."

To recover a save: 

1. Click the "load game" button
Under the pictures of all of your Sims (all your separate games)
2.  Click the "recover save" button --- which is next to the play button.
3.  Enjoy playing your recovered Sim family 8)!

anything