Author Topic: Romantic interest in extended family?  (Read 6171 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Romantic interest in extended family?
« on: May 26, 2017, 11:42:24 PM »
One of my Sims has a romantic interest in his mother-in-law (his great-mother-in-law?.)  I meant to say --- she's one generation older than I originally wrote.  He autonomously  gave her an enchanting introduction, and then, I saw that he had a romantic interest in her, as well as with his wife (her daughter.)   Does this type of thing happen often (or has it been lately)?

I had him invite his mother-in-law to hang out, and when she arrived, he insulted and yelled at her.  Now, they slightly dislike each other, but still have a romantic bar (which has turned from slightly pink to slightly red.

However, I have a "programming homework club" for my main Sims, and he and his mother-in-law are both in that club.  I don't want their relationship to change back to a romantic relationship of any kind.

Any suggestions?  I can't delete her because she's so important in this family, but I don't want cheating --- especially within the family.  It's not a legacy or dynasty --- it's almost like a legacy, though (my main family --- the Sullivans.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Romantic interest in extended family?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 12:35:43 AM »
I searched on the issue and found something similar that is marked as "fixed" but it doesn't seem to be really fixed. Also, it's most current post was about a year ago.

[FIXED] Child aged Sim is "romantic interest" of his Father and vice-versa
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FIXED-Child-aged-Sim-is-quot-romantic-interest-quot-of-his/td-p/4448010

The work-around offered is a cheat.

Use this cheats to remove the relationship: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

The thread may be worth taking a look at, clicking Me Too and post your experience. Even if it's just to let 'em know that the issue is still around.

You mentioned your playing a somewhat of a legacy family. So this work-around may not work for you, according to what Crinrict says in the thread.

Quote from Crinrict:
This issue is supposed to be fixed but if you still have the issue, make sure it's not a legacy issues. Affected Sims won't be fixed.

Use this cheats to remove the relationship: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships

Do feel free to post if you have this on new games.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 01:30:29 AM »
Thanks a lot.  I will try that.  I hope this works, so the family can still be happy.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 01:56:04 AM »
You could have your sim become a Vamp, level up until you can get "Manipulate Life Spirit", drain the mother-in-law and reset their relationship, and then drink the cure. No cheats. just lots of game play.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 02:09:14 AM »
Do they have the option between them to 'ask to just be friends'? If so that interaction will zero any romantic relationship. I had this happen between a step son and step father which really, really annoyed me. I found it very difficult to enjoy playing with that family until the romantic relationship bar had disappeared. It takes a bit of micro managing but as long as there are no more romantic interactions between the sims they will eventually go back to just having a friendship meter.

I really think that the enchanting greeting should only ever happen if it is player directed. It takes too much control out of the players hands when it happens autonomously.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 06:03:52 PM »
I've seen the "ask to just be friends" interaction before.  I looked under friendly and romantic socials, but this time, it didn't seem to be there --- and I looked very, very carefully.  I had a big party at a generic lot, and that's when I had this problem.

Scoed --- I don't have the Vampire GP because I don't like spooky/scary stuff.  Thanks anyway!

Edit: I got the romance bar to have a small amount of red by using that cheat, and so, it's fine for now.  However, If I can't get rid of the romance bar, then, I will have to deal with it, I guess by having the son-in-law insult the mother-in-law --- only when necessary from time-to-time because I don't want to beat her up, or worse, "delete" her.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 04:43:05 AM »
If you are happy to use mods, then there are some on Mod The Sims that stop autonomous introductions and flirty interactions. Also MC Command Centre has a section for controlling romantic interactions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
I would consider using mods if the problem persists.  Right now, there is no pink at all in the romance bar --- just a very small amount of red.  The mods you mentioned sound very helpful. 

anything