Author Topic: Camera in Sims 4 constantly scrolling to edge of screen and beyond  (Read 8754 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Hi,

This has been a long term problem. It occurred to an extent in Sims 3, and I managed to fix it there for a while <Esc> or <F5> keys but in sims 4 it is far far worse, especially as Sims 4 has game functions attached to those buttons. The issue is that the camera moves towards the top of the screen, relative to where I'm at in the time. For example, when I'm in Sims 3 and Sunset Valley, and my sims are on that big plot of land that dynasties start off in, and the road is at the top of the screen, the camera will move what I'm viewing up over the road and over the park. If I use the < and > keys to change the orientation of the camera, it will move like that in the new direction that is at the top of my screen. In sims 3, after I push <Esc> and <F5> it reverts to normal and I don't have the problem again for some time. In Sims 4 though, I have to save the game exit and return. It usually will run for 5-10 minutes (15 if I'm very lucky) normally before it does that to me.

In Sims 3, it doesn't seem to happen in build mode, just live mode, in Sims 4, it does it in both live and build mode. I did send my sim in a game of Sims 4 to the gym, and it didn't seem to happen there, but on returning home, it was back to its old tricks. It happens every time in Sims 4, and only occasionally in Sims 3. It also happens in some other applications (eg Word, Excel and Outlook) and also internet browsers, but only very occasionally

I have tried the following in Sims 4:
- Change Camera from Sims 3 to Sims 4 and back again
- All the function keys
- Saving and Exiting and Returning (most success with this, but only for 5-10 minutes, 15 if I'm lucky
- Manage worlds and back again
- The various panel things for your active sims (aspirations, rewards, clubs, simology, skills, needs, friends)
- Travel within the world/to other worlds and back home again.
- Going into build mode and returning to live mode.

I am on a Toshiba laptop with a built in mouse and keyboard. I use Windows 10 as my operating system. I have now gotten an external wireless mouse and keyboard, but still am having the same issues, primarily in Sims 4.

Any other ideas/solutions for me?

Many thanks @MrsFlynn and others.

Dek

ETA - It doesn't occur on any of the loading screens of the sims 4, or in the Create a Sim screens, just the playing and building screens

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: Camera in Sims 4 constantly scrolling to edge of screen and beyond
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 02:58:38 AM »
Hi, Deklitch.

It sounds like maybe the touchpad on the laptop is the culprit. Check to see if there are updated drivers from Toshiba for Windows 10. If it's an older laptop that is no longer supported, you may need to either remove the drivers and see if Windows has drivers for it, or disable it and just use the external mouse.

Hope this helps and happy Simming. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
I had this problem a few months ago on my Toshiba laptop using the touch pad. It kept getting worse, but my drivers were up to date. I finally went in and tweaked the settings (sensitivity, double click, etc) and solved the problem. I don't know why it got bad, but it had spread from the sims to everything.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 03:23:03 PM »
Thanks KRae, I will try that