Author Topic: Saving installation files  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Sharnita

• Nooboo
Saving installation files
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:09:49 PM »
I have purchased and downloaded Sims4 through Origin and it installed but I now find that the downloaded installation files have not been saved and I want to transfer the game to another pc as I am changing hard drives and video cards. The download cache folder is empty. How do i get copies of the install files to back up and reinstall on another pc?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Saving installation files
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 03:34:15 PM »
Hi Sharnita,

I'm not sure if this is what your asking about, but here are a couple of threads to have a look at that might help.

Saving Sims 4 Installation Files for Backup
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21193.msg384770#msg384770

Saving or Deleting Game Saves (for backup or use on another computer)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25262.msg428632#msg428632

I hope this helps, if I have miss understood the question, feel free to let me know.

Welcome to the Forum!! :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sharnita

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »
Thanks.
Yes I've seen those sites/posts but they don't answer the question or solve the problem. When the game downloaded the settings box in the Origin client to save install files to the computer was not ticked and I did not realise I had to go in and change that till it was too late. I have now ticked the box to download it to the downloads folder as it will only apply to future downloads. But that does not solve the problem that I have no install files saved and if I uninstall the game from the pc I will have no installation files to reinstall it on another pc and will have paid for a game I cannot use. I need to get the installation files back so I can install it on to a different computer which I will be using in future without losing the game.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 08:29:34 PM »
Thanks.
Yes I've seen those sites/posts but they don't answer the question or solve the problem. When the game downloaded the settings box in the Origin client to save install files to the computer was not ticked and I did not realise I had to go in and change that till it was too late. I have now ticked the box to download it to the downloads folder as it will only apply to future downloads. But that does not solve the problem that I have no install files saved and if I uninstall the game from the pc I will have no installation files to reinstall it on another pc and will have paid for a game I cannot use. I need to get the installation files back so I can install it on to a different computer which I will be using in future without losing the game.

To install the game on another PC just launch Origin Client and log into your account.  Click on the MY GAMES tab and place your mouse over the game you wish to download.  Then just click the DOWNLOAD button and the game will start downloading.  After it downloads it will install it on your computer. 

I have the game on both my laptop and my desktop.  I had to copy my MODS file as I had everything else backed up through the gallery.  Hope this helps.

mtglady
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 10:33:13 PM »
Hi Sharnita,

I'm sorry I miss-understood. Sims 4 and other EA/Origin games are connected to your EA/Origin account. So you won't loose access to the games. Download and install EA App/Origin on your new computer and the games should be in the My Games/Library tab.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything