Author Topic: Detective Aspiration  (Read 17193 times)

Offline shacha

• Nooboo
Detective Aspiration
« on: November 25, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »
Hi. I have read on the site about what traits are best for a detective but was wondering what are/is the best aspiration(s) for them? Thank you very much for your help.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Detective Aspiration
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 04:39:02 PM »
Hi @shacha, welcome to the forum.

In my experience, with an active career like Detective, the 'best' aspiration is one you will enjoy completing.  Friend of the World will get your sim meeting others and you can learn their traits through socials so that could be useful.  If you are planning for your sim to have a family then maybe Soulmate would help.  Focused is the emotion most useful for Detective so learning logic would be good and that matches in well with a couple of the knowledge aspirations.  Remember you can switch around the aspirations without losing progress, so you could do a bit of Bodybuilder, switch to Painter Extraordinaire and then go back to Bodybuilder if it suits your gameplay. 

Sometimes it helps to pick a particular aspiration in CAS just for the bonus trait even if you're not really fussed about finishing it.  So some people pick a knowledge aspiration in CAS because the bonus trait speeds up all skilling even though they plan to focus on Master Chef or Angling Ace.

Most important of all though, have fun  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shacha

• Nooboo
Re: Detective Aspiration
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »
Hi HelenP, thanks for your response. I think I will go with friend of the world and see how it goes. If it doesn't workout I will try one of the knowledge branches. Thank you for your help :)