Author Topic: Moving around the neighborhood  (Read 3152 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Moving around the neighborhood
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:01:59 AM »
Hi all.

I have just started playing City Living.  I actually haven't played Sims 4 much, so I guess you can call me a Newbie.  One thing that has frustrated me is how to move my Sim around outside.  I click on the elevator for my Sim to go downstairs and he just immediately comes back up to the apartment.  I liked these features on Sims 3.  I thought that I heard that there was a way to switch some of the directional panel features of Sims 3 to Sims 4.  Is this true?  How do many of you do this?  I push and hold down on the mouse wheel while moving the mouse around to move and rotate the vision angles.  It's quite a pain.  Any alternatives to this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Moving around the neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 04:33:24 PM »
I think you are talking about using the sims 3 camera style.  Options Menu (3 dots top left of screen)>Game Options>Game Camera then check The Sims 3 Camera. It's a much better control system in my opinion.

Traveling is always better by using your sims phone or if you just want to go out in your sims local neighborhood (i.e. no loading screen) then just click the ground where you want you sim to be or if it is a City Living food vendor just click on that and your sim will go there from their apartment.

You can also using the mouse scroll and scroll all the way out until your cursor becomes a magnifying glass and then click 'travel'. This will bring up the world maps menu so you can pick which world and then neighborhood you want your sim to travel to.

Carl has a load of great guides too: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Re: Moving around the neighborhood
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 11:09:01 PM »
Thanks Playalot for your response.  Very good advice!. 

anything