Author Topic: Keeping Up With the Fryes: a Ten Gen Townie Dynasty  (Read 5964 times)

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
Re: Keeping Up With the Fryes: a Ten Gen Townie Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »
Part 1: Siobhan
Chapter: Spooky Day!

Previously on "Keeping up with the Fryes":
Salvatore aged up into a child and Joaquin set himself on fire while the rest of the family enjoyed a free day.
And now for more "Keeping up with the Fryes"!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Tory proved himself to be a very capable student early on. He would always do his homework as soon as I asked him to, and he would let me help him without any protest.
He also made a new friend as soon as he started school! Her name is Elizabeth Bheeda, though she insisted on being called Lizzie. Her family lives in downtown San Myshuno. I liked her right away, she was very polite and energetic, she and Tory seemed like a perfect match.
Unfortunately Tory also entered a phase...
I tried reasoning with him but to no avail. So from then on Tory was "Fang the Bear."
My friend Luna also decided to stop by for a visit, she seemed sort of depressed and explained that her father Jacques had recently passed away. I did my best to comfort her and offer my condolences, and it seemed like she really appreciated it.
The next day was Spooky Day, and Sergio and I decided to throw a party to celebrate. We agreed that a smaller party would be best, so we just kept the guests to family. And I have to say, my man looks great as a Roman soldier.
My mother rocked a Princess Leia costume, while my father was an astronaut and Joaquin was Darth Vader.
Tory...I mean Fang the Bear didn't need a costume since he already had one. He got to sit down with Morgan and finally thank her for his birthday gift, and he said he really enjoyed talking with her. Morgan seemed to really appreciate getting to spend some time with her nephew too.
While everyone else was talking and eating Sergio and I decided to slip away for a bit...
Then after the party ended I pulled him aside. We had been talking about adding to our family and giving Tory a little brother or sister. And in that moment the timing seemed perfect. So later that evening we got to it. I filled out some forms and then we agreed to put a deposit down.
In only a few hours I was able to bring our beautiful daughter Bianca home! I'm certain that she and Tory will be as close as Morgan and I are! Until next time readers, and Happy Halloween!

Welcome Bianca! I had been toying with the idea of Siobhan and Sergio having another child for a while but since Siobhan had a rough pregnancy I felt that adoption may be a better route this time. I apologize for the short update, a lot happened this week in the game but I've been too busy with school to play it for an extended time. Siobhan, Sergio, and Joaquin both got promoted, and Tory's grades improved. Siobhan is currently on the cusp of mastering the Cooking skill and isn't too far from maxing Charisma. If only Joaquin hadn't set back my progress by setting himself on fire ON THE FREE DAY.

Also @PeregrineTook I may have Joaquin do a little pollination later on, I have a couple of candidates in mind for his partner(s).

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 09:31:22 PM »
Having them adopt was a clever way to avoid having the founder putting up with any morning sickness issues or needing to miss work at all.  It's a shame that Bianca won't have Siobhan and Sergio's awesome genes, but it's sweet that Tory Fang the Bear will have a little sister  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 11:39:39 PM »
If the fire was on a free day you don't lose points for it.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »
Bianca is so adorable! I think adoption is a great way to add to the family in this game.

I love the bear phase, so cute. I really like how they have different colored bear costumes different days.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 05:30:13 PM »
If the fire was on a free day you don't lose points for it.

Repeat -- if the fire was on a free day, you don't lose points for it. Unfortunately, you can't gain points for the good things that happen on free days either, like job promotions and skills maxing.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 01:10:10 AM »
Part 1: Siobhan
Chapter 6: Endless Birthdays

Last time on "Keeping up with the Fryes":
Siobhan hosted a family Spooky Day party and adopted little Bianca.
And now for more "Keeping up with the Fryes"!

Bianca seemed to fit into the family right away. She loved all of Tory's old toys and started playing with them as soon as she could.
And for her sake...I was forced to confront my biggest fear.
But it was all worth it to give my little girl the best life I could.
Sergio was constantly doting on Bianca and playing with her, which she absolutely ate up.
Really just being near Sergio was enough to brighten Bianca's day. She was most definitely a daddy's girl.
But of course she still loved attention from mommy.
And her older brother. The two were going to be as close as Morgan and I, I just knew it.
Tor-Fang the Bear was still in his phase, but it didn't have too much of an impact on his school performance. He insisted that it made him stand out, though I wasn't sure if that was in a good way. So...I did the only thing I could think of to snap him out of it.
I became Clawdine the Bear. Tory stopped acting like a bear pretty quickly after Clawdine made her appearance.
We also had two major successes that week. Bianca got potty-trained!
And I got promoted to vice-president at my company!

The excitement continued with Joaquin and Sergio's birthdays! My husband and my closest friend were officially adults!
Then the weekend kicked off with my not-so-little guy's teen birthday!
He's become a very handsome young man, I'm so proud of him.
And of course he remained just as studious as he was in grade school.
And he started hanging out with Joaquin a lot more. The two had always been close, and Tory seemed to be interested in the party scene like Joaquin was in his younger days.
Bianca didn't take her brother growing up that well and destroyed one of his school projects, but talking with her calmed her down.
Then came two more birthdays! My own adult birthday
And my baby girl's birthday! I'm sure it'll be more hectic with two school-age children but since my kids have an age-gap I hope they won't get too bad. Until next time, lovely readers!

First off, thank you @MarianT and @reggikko for clarifying the stuff about the fire, that came from a misunderstanding on my end. I had misread the rule about points being lost a day or two after reaching ten points, and I had assumed it was a penalty for misfortunes on free days.

And speaking of free days we officially reached 20 points and had our second free-day! It was very uneventful, mostly just skilling for everyone. Joaquin has taken to practicing instruments on his own so thankfully he's had no issues getting promotions, but Sergio had to be coaxed into learning Programming. Salvatore is also pretty good at doing tasks like homework or potential skill-building tasks on his own, so I don't see too much of an issue with his future academics. And finally Siobhan maxed the Cooking skill and I'm slowly getting her to work on Charisma (which is one of her designated skills). She's been flying through the Business career and I'm sure she'll max it in no time.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »
Salvatore is a really nice mixture of his parents.  The Sergio comparison is a bit more obvious, but there are definitely some of Siobhan's features there.  Little Bianca is a cutie pie!  I thought it was so sweet how much of a daddy's girl she is (which I especially enjoyed since my little one has always been a daddy's girl).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »
I loved Siobhan's solution for nudging Salvatore out of his Fang Bear phase, lol. He's really aged up into an attractive teen!
Though I can't figure out where Bianca got her blonde hair, she's adorable! (Oops, I forgot that she's adopted.)

Great progress with your career, Siobhan! Keep your boys in line! :D

anything