Author Topic: Origin won't open if not online  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Origin won't open if not online
« on: October 04, 2017, 12:34:29 PM »
Has anyone else had the issue where Origin won't open if you're not online? It's starting to drive me nuts!!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin won't open if not online
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 01:10:52 PM »
That actually shouldn't be happening. It may be time to reinstall since it's not working properly.

I was trying to troubleshoot playing offline (No internet to computer) recently and found I just couldn't. Origin wasn't letting me. I searched out the issue and couldn't find anything that was helping, so I decided to uninstall Origin via Add/Remove Programs, and reinstall it.

Uninstall/Reinstall the Origin Client
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg431239.html#msg431239

After reinstalling Origin, I tried playing offline again and was able to log into Origin and play.

I'm thinking something glitched in the last update.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:14:35 PM »
I've had this happen a couple of times to me. A reboot cleared it up. Try rebooting your computer. I know it's the common IT Help Desk answer. (Not to mention running gag in a BBC comedy) It really does help a lot of issues. If you ever do get stuck, just try opening Sims 4 directly instead of going through Origin.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »
Sometimes when I start offline I get the origin splash screen stuck in the middle of my monitor and an origin window minimised to the taskbar.  Opening that minimised window gets me the login screen where I can input my password and continue without problem.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 09:31:41 AM »
Thanks all for the replies. I haven't been online for a while, so this is the first I'm seeing these. I also had a suggestion from someone to double click the "O" icon in the icons tray, and that seemed to help. I think it's a lot like what you've suggested @HelenP
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything