Author Topic: Self-torment  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Self-torment
« on: August 30, 2017, 09:34:40 AM »
I don't understand. In this alternate experimental save file of mine, I just engineered Caleb and Don a toddler son. From the very moment I continued to play them, Caleb changed the TV channel from cooking shows to kids shows and insists on keep watching despite being immensely bored with it. Why?

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Self-torment
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:16:11 PM »
cuz part of him really wants to be a good parent? Adorable shot, btw!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 06:33:04 PM »
lol oshizu!  ;D

I think it is a bug of sorts. My sim parents constantly (and I mean constantly) want to 'watch with' or 'play dolls with' their children. It's driving me so bonkers I deleted the TV and the dolls house!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 07:35:43 PM »
I absolutely detest my parent sims frequently doing the shocked Watch interaction.
C'mon people, you are running a store! You don't need to look at the potted plant and go, "Oh my gosh, it's a plant!"

Lol, I only let my sims watch tv if I want a group shot of them playing video games together; otherwise, no TV.
The dollhouse only stays until the toddler is done skilling Imagination. And I NEVER choose the "Child's Play" lot trait.
Whenever I read MarianT's Straud Dynasty, I'm tempted to play the TenGen Townie Dynasty Challenge next.
But I'm waaay to much of a micro-manager. For my retail dynasty's restaurants, I place the mandatory sink in a basement room with no stairs or door because....hand washing.

Back on topic, thanks for explaining that Caleb's reluctant watching of kiddy shows on TV is a glitch.

anything