Author Topic: Arresting a suspect  (Read 48593 times)

Offline Beatles264

• Nooboo
Arresting a suspect
« on: April 28, 2015, 04:09:28 PM »
My Sim is a detective.  He's made several arrests before after putting out an APB, but this time, when he travels to the site of where the suspect should be, no one matches the description.  When questioning other Sims, they state, 'Isn't that her right there?. but there isn't a suspect there that matches all the clues. 
Am I missing something or is this a glitch?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Arresting a suspect
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Beatles264.  I am moving this to the Miscellaneous Help Board.

This is a glitch.  I had the same problem with the detective career, sometimes description doesn't match, sometimes the arrested person won't go back to the station with you, sometimes the interrogation table doesn't work.  Plenty of problems.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beatles264

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 05:30:19 PM »
Thank you.  I'm not sure how he can move up in the career if he doesn't make this arrest.  I can't do other investigations.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »
I've had the same problem before. Usually I just go back to the police station and put out the APB again and it will take me to a different lot where the suspect is at.
And sometimes the descriptions will be messed up. Like one I had the suspect was to have red hair but was really bald. And another one the suspect was suppose to be a teen but I guess they aged up because they was a young adult when I got there.
Or instead of wearing the cloths that was listed they would be wearing there workout outfit if they was at the gym or they're work cloths.
Because of all that I always made sure I had enough clues to get a trait for the suspect and talk to them to learn there traits to help make sure I had the right one.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 06:16:58 PM »
I couldn't figure out how to move up in the career either with all the bugs, so I quit the detective job and join some other base game career. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »
I've had the same problem... Going back to the police station and then travelling to the lot where the suspect is helps, as does arresting the person who has nearly everything on the list. Like grimsoul I had a bald suspect but was actually looking for one with grey hair. I Arrested the bald guy as everything else on the 'clue' list checked out. I think that having all the traits right and then making a good guess works out most of the time.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 05:18:47 AM »
I got my Sim the Observant trait early on and I believe Incredibly Friendly so she was able to learn a new Sims traits and I went with that to make arrests. I have not had any problems with the career, only once a suspect couldn't get fingerprinted and searched but it was the end of the day. The next working day I found the suspect outside and was able to go through the rest without a hitch.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beatles264

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 05:03:26 PM »
I finally arrested someone that did not have any of the traits listed in the clues.  When I asked about the suspect, he pointed to a Sim and said. ' Isn't that her?"  I arrested that Sim and the case was closed.  Here's what clues I had and what the suspect ended up having as traits.
 Suspect:  Female teen with black hair, slacks, short sleeved shirt, who is a ambitious.
 Arrested: Female elder with gray hair, jeans, long sleeved sweater, who is a loner.

Go figure!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 05:11:11 PM »
Wow, I hadn't had a description be that far off. And I never had the trait list not be present. Just to be curious beside loner what was the suspects other traits?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Beatles264

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 05:15:42 PM »
The only other trait I revealed was Evil.

Offline Lachelle

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 04:36:03 PM »
I finally arrested someone that did not have any of the traits listed in the clues.  When I asked about the suspect, he pointed to a Sim and said. ' Isn't that her?"  I arrested that Sim and the case was closed.  Here's what clues I had and what the suspect ended up having as traits.
 Suspect:  Female teen with black hair, slacks, short sleeved shirt, who is a ambitious.
 Arrested: Female elder with gray hair, jeans, long sleeved sweater, who is a loner.

Go figure!

I just spent more than a week (game time) trying to make an arrest, and lost 3/4 of my job performance by making so many false arrests. Mine were as follows:
 Suspect: Elder female, gray hair, slacks, blouse, Mean
 Arrested: Young Adult male, black hair, jeans, tank top (it was Jonas Brenner)

Even the observant trait didn't help with this one. Just glad I finally arrested the right person!

Offline NitzanHavoc

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 10:52:23 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or simply a very annoying aspect of this career (giving bad clues on purpose to simulate the actual challenges real police offers have to face). After like 20 false arrests and reloading the game, I've finally made my first arrest.

CLUES: Female, Teen, Long Sleeves Shirt, Skirt, Red Hair, Art Lover
ACTUAL SUSPECT: Male, Young Adult, Brown Hair, Long Pants, Long Sleeves Shirt (at least they got this one right), and probably an art lover as he's with the Avant-Gardes.
So you see, getting all 6 clues has done absolutely nothing for me, and they even got the gender wrong (he doesn't look too androgenous to me).

My best advice would be to follow the clues and try to play the game right at first, but when all else fails - make sure you issue the APB as soon as you arrive at work (as there are less people in the lots in the early morning), and start arresting everyone you see. Eventually, hopefully you'll get your man/woman/whatever. I believe the trait is never wrong, so try getting your sim the Observant trait (500 points). If anyone finds another way, I'm sure all of us would be grateful!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum. It's a bug. When Get To Work first launched the clues were always at least 90% correct. Now, well, not so much.

EA Bug Report You can go here and add a report or just click the 'Me Too' button.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.