Author Topic: World Adventures Shang Simla Progression Broken?  (Read 3230 times)

Offline EzioNexus1524

• Nooboo
World Adventures Shang Simla Progression Broken?
« on: April 26, 2020, 09:15:24 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm afraid I've messed things up a bit.

The story is as follows: I started a save with a sim and progressed quite deeply into the Shang Simla "story" and after a couple days I came to the main page of Carl's Sims 3 site and saw the Sunset Valley 2020 world and decided I'd move my sim's family over to that save. I did so successfully but now on returning to Shang Simla I'm finding that the progression of the tombs has been broken as I moved saves while I had an active quest to explore a tomb with a unique keystone and all tombs have been reset. Going to the Adventure Board even with that quest cancelled only results in minor "catch me some fish" quests or continuing the same quest I was on, which I cannot complete because the entrance to that tomb requires a *different* unique keystone which is no longer there.

The question: Is it possible to fix this issue or is my Sims adventure progress just completely broken, and, if anyone knows, would future sims also be unable to complete Shang Simla? I'm not even sure if the WA worlds reset or not, I've sadly never completed them and was hoping to do so with this sim.

Thank you for any help you can give me! Have a wonderful day!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: World Adventures Shang Simla Progression Broken?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:14:10 PM »
I think you can unlock tomb doors with testingcheatsenabled true? I know that ruins the fun but it might get you back on track for adventures. But yeah, for future reference, moving to a new save doesn't take your foreign worlds with you.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EzioNexus1524

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 02:51:06 PM »
Thank you! Yeah, that's not ideal but hopefully I can get through that tomb and maybe then the quests will reset? I certainly hope so, I don't want to cheat through all of the tombs as I had completed most of them.

And yes, I knew my progress wouldn't carry over and I was prepared to do Shang Simla over again, I just didn't anticipate I would break the progression in the middle of a quest and be stuck!

Thanks again and I apologize for apparently posting the thread in the wrong section! I assumed because the section I orignally posted was titled gameplay help "ask questions about bugs" etc. that it was the appropriate place to post it, I'll make sure to watch out for that in the future!

Offline Agathon

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 03:57:59 AM »
...would future sims also be unable to complete Shang Simla?

The tombs do not reset, unless you start a new game. If any sim in your current game (it doesn't matter if the sim is a member of your current household) explores a tomb, it will be left in its explored state. There are workarounds to this: Saving a copy of the unexplored tomb to your library, and using "edit town" to replace the explored tomb with the one from your library is one way of doing it. You can also delete the .nhd file for the adventure world, which will generate an unplayed version of the adventure world the next time you visit it. I used the latter method for my heavily-adventuring sim, but I can't really recommend it, as it will clog up your savegame with duplicate entries of the sims that live in the adventure world. I had up to 7 duplicates of some Shang Simla sims, because my sim had been there 7 times, deleting the .nhd file between each visit.
Worlds Apart - Can Be Found Here

Offline EzioNexus1524

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 07:10:43 PM »
Wow! That's an unfortunate oversight on the Dev's part... Thanks for the tip! I'll do that!

anything