Author Topic: I was not offering my product keys my post was misread. Just installing advice.  (Read 2379 times)

Offline cafeblue77

• Nooboo
I was just asking if I could add my expansion and stuff packs to my niece's game on her computer. I wasn't offering to share with random people online. I just was trying to find out before I get her hopes up and try it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
That's fine. I was just answering the question and giving what information was needed for future reference. Then locked it as we do not want to promote people sharing the game or accounts with each other. As it could lead to EA account suspension or deletion.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
@cafeblue77 I think sometimes people get mixed up with the differences between how a Steam account works and Origin.  I know buying a product as a gift is something that is really missing on Origin... It is difficult when you want to share with family etc but the simple fact is that is not allowed under the EA policy that you agree to abide by just by purchasing the game.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline IndigoAnjel

• Nooboo
@cafeblue77 I think sometimes people get mixed up with the differences between how a Steam account works and Origin.  I know buying a product as a gift is something that is really missing on Origin... It is difficult when you want to share with family etc but the simple fact is that is not allowed under the EA policy that you agree to abide by just by purchasing the game.

Going by the age of this post, I assume that was changed between then and now because there's an option to buy Sims and all of the packs as gifts via Origin.  I bought TS4 and the vampires pack for my daughter that way.

It would be nice to share with at least one person, but it is what it is.  :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Yes, absolutely IndigoAnjel . Since the earlier posts Origin has introduced a way to gift DLC. Still not legal to share a single copy between other people's computers though.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything