Author Topic: Child's ghost won't come and I would like to revive her  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Lucythatisme

• Nooboo
Child's ghost won't come and I would like to revive her
« on: May 29, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »
This sim was of my sim (that is me) second daughter and youngest child, Vivian. She died in a fire as a child, and nearly two generations later (other daughter's son's wife pregnant) her ghost has not come on the lot. Since then I've moved, and I thought that might alter it, but the ghost of her mother (me again) has arrived in the new house even though dying in the other. I would like to revive her as all her siblings received fulfilling lives and I would like to change that, but she won't ever come. What is the problem here? Is it just bad luck? Is there something I could do?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Child's ghost won't come and I would like to revive her
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:06:22 PM »
Carl has a good guide to ghosts click that might interest you. Basically if you do not have the urn from the sim that died there is no way of guaranteeing that the ghost will ever visit. The urn must also state the dead sims name when you hover your mouse over it. Usually ghosts return to the household for a visit between one to two weeks after their death if you leave their urn on the floor (or grave if outside). If you haven't seen the ghost by then chance are the game has culled it.

Ghosts also get removed (or culled) from the game which is seen when you hover your mouse over their urn/grave and no name appears. Sometimes the game mechanics do randomly bring back ghosts but never those that have been culled.

So, check that the urn of the ghost you want to see still has that sims name on it. If it does place it on the ground and watch between the hours of 11pm and 6am for the ghost to appear.

If the urn has no name then there is no way of bringing that ghost back.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything