Author Topic: Shrewd traits mechanics (or bugs?)  (Read 6898 times)

Offline KSchinck

• Nooboo
Shrewd traits mechanics (or bugs?)
« on: May 22, 2017, 02:19:06 PM »
I apologize if this was asked before, but I can't seems to find a straight answer even after Googling it.

How exactly does the Shrewd trait work?

I know that it says your Sim(s) will receive 5% of the household fund once a week as interest.
However, when is it paid? I've seem people saying it should be the same week day (In sims day) every time.

On my household A, both Sims have the Shrewd trait. Yesterday (Real time) I recall seeing the notification for the husband on the Sunday, while for the wife it was on Wednesday (Probably match the time they "unlocked" the trait). When I started my game today, I played from Saturday to Tuesday (Sims time) but still no notification at all regarding the deposit.

Also, at one point yesterday I received the notification for the deposit of Household A, while I was playing a different household.

Is it a bug, or part of the mechanic I don't understand.

EDIT : For same Household A mentioned above, the husband just received his interest on Thursday (Sims day), so it is definitely not based on a specific sims day

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Shrewd traits mechanics (or bugs?)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 07:13:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :)

The money and the notification should come in every week, once a week on the day the sim completed the aspiration and received the Shrewd Trait. The game will also show notifications for previously played sims who also have the Shrewd Trait when their 'anniversary day' and money comes in. This will hold true even for sims that you played in a completely different save but downloaded (and not played) in your current game.

This gets a little skewed when playing in rotation as often the main played family will go on hold (as far as the shrewd trait is concerned) and only count the days you actively play them so the weekly anniversary becomes correct for 'days played' in between payouts but incorrect as far as actual days of the week are concerned.

*edited: Not sure if this 'delay' is intended or a bug.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KSchinck

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:07:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply

Actually I haven't though about the effect of the rotation. I always assumed that since NPC and not currently played Sims still age while to you play another family, the shrewd trait was still "active". Especially since I was receiving notification regarding my other household.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 01:11:58 AM »
It should be still active in my mind too but sometimes the in-game reality doesn't match up!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything