Author Topic: Newbie - I have a lot of TS4 questions.  (Read 6084 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newbie - I have a lot of TS4 questions.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 08:28:40 PM »
Like @HelenP, I also use Sims 4 Studio to run batch-fixes so aliens and random townies don't latch onto my newest cc.
Sims 4 Studio is not a mod itself but it seems to be able to flag cc so certain groups can't access them.

Nothing worse than visiting Sixam for the the first time, only to see all the aliens are wearing the killer hairstyle you were saving for the next heir, lol.

Offline Jemcrystal

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 10:22:37 PM »
The only problem is I don't know how to use Sim4Studio because I'm new and it will take me a long time to learn something that complicated.  Is there a link to a tutorial or youtube vid that shows just how to do that flag cc thing so I don't have to go through hours of tuts before I find it? 

{rant coming on}  Also note I did try but the minute someone said PHOTOSHOP I threw my hands up and ran screaming from the room.  Why does everyone in the world assume that everyone else is as rich as they are?  Telling someone to use Photoshop is like telling everyone to drive a Porsche or Lamborghini in real life (not the game).  Seriously I cannot stand people who give Photoshop tuts.  It is so, "I'm rich and you're not" arrogance and that they don't know it is even more insult.  What kind of protected world do you live in to not know that most of us cannot afford Photoshop!  It's Blender or Gimp for the real people who don't have daddies credit card number.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jemcrystal

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 07:19:12 AM »
11 ) When putting in custom content and mods do I have to log completely out of the game?  Can I leave main menu open (part that advertises other sims content) when installing cc?  Can I leave Origin running and online when installing cc?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 08:01:45 AM »
@Jemcrystal

The only problem is I don't know how to use Sim4Studio because I'm new and it will take me a long time to learn something that complicated.  Is there a link to a tutorial or youtube vid that shows just how to do that flag cc thing so I don't have to go through hours of tuts before I find it? 

There are instructions on the website but basically once you have installed Sim4Studio, open it and follow the menu down from Tools as shown below
Using_S4Studio.jpg

S4S will then save an unchanged version of any cc it fixes as a backup, make the changes and resave in the cc's original location (usually the Sims mod folder).  If you wish to look at any cc, navigate to the Sims mods folder and double click on a package file to make it open in S4S. You can then look at the flags and change them if you want.  There are flags for age, male/female, work outfits etc. Note the Save and Cancel buttons in the bottom right.
cc_in_S4S.jpg

I've actually found it pretty intuitive to use and have had some fun with it.

11) You can leave main menu open but the mods/cc will not be available in game until you close right out and reopen.  Having Origin running in the background is no problem.

Offline Jemcrystal

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 06:40:39 PM »
Awesome!  I'm actually having fun now I can find my way around.  Thx.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 06:48:05 PM »
11 ) When putting in custom content and mods do I have to log completely out of the game?  Can I leave main menu open (part that advertises other sims content) when installing cc?  Can I leave Origin running and online when installing cc?

Best practice is to have quit the game entirely. You can still have Origin running. After installing, changing, adding more, removing some CC or mods you really should delete the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder.

I delete this particular file after every play session so it is safe to do, and in fact can really help with some glitches.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything