Author Topic: Sims 4 forum 403 Blocked Error and CAS issue  (Read 2130 times)

Offline HenriettaStrife

• Nooboo
Sims 4 forum 403 Blocked Error and CAS issue
« on: May 08, 2017, 07:12:05 PM »
I'm new to this forum and didn't know where else to turn to. Today, I tried to access the forums for help about a CAS glitch that I've never had before but instead I get a Error 403 Blocked "you do not have permission to access this resource." Why What is this?! Why is it happening to me? Is it just the site behaving oddly or is it my computer? This issue popped up after a power outage which caused my computer to shut down. I've been a member of the Sims forums for a long time but never really posted anything. So I know it isn't my doing. Could someone please help me? Someone who knows what this is and how to fix it. I tried cleaning out my history and cookies but that did nothing.

Since I'm here, I may as well post my second issue; CAS glitch. My sim is the only thing to show up in CAS. No items, no personality options, it's  just a blue void with my sim standing there. To make it worse, I also cannot close out of it or out of the game. I had to bring up the Task Manager. Again, this happened after the random outage. I repaired the game just in case but I have yet to see if the glitch is gone. I'll add onto that later.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sims 4 forum 403 Blocked Error and CAS issue.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 07:42:41 PM »
@HenriettaStrife

Welcome to the forum.

The forum.thesims.com site is down for maintenance. There's a thread open on it at EA Answers HQ.
Here's the link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Maintenance-in-thesims-com-forums/m-p/6050567#U6050567

Since I'm here, I may as well post my second issue; CAS glitch.
A nice moderator should come along shortly to help you with this second question.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 forum 403 Blocked Error and CAS issue
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 09:21:17 PM »
For the CAS issue - If you haven't already, make sure you don't have outdated mods/cc as the recent patch may have broken them.

Important Note On Updates, Mods and CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25477.msg431147#msg431147

If you've already taken care of the mods/cc, try a factory reset to see if that helps. This may help with the having to use Task manager to get out of game.

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg401669#msg401669

Since I'm here, I may as well post my second issue; CAS glitch. My sim is the only thing to show up in CAS. No items, no personality options, it's  just a blue void with my sim standing there. To make it worse, I also cannot close out of it or out of the game. I had to bring up the Task Manager. Again, this happened after the random outage. I repaired the game just in case but I have yet to see if the glitch is gone. I'll add onto that later.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline HenriettaStrife

• Nooboo
Re: Sims 4 forum 403 Blocked Error and CAS issue
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 12:24:55 AM »
Thanks everyone. The issue is resolved. I was finally able to edit my sims in CAS and I'm glad to hear that the site is undergoing maintenance and nothing else.

anything