Author Topic: Sims 4 - Can't Access My Library  (Read 14766 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Sims 4 - Can't Access My Library
« on: April 17, 2017, 10:16:19 PM »
Hi, Do absolutely need to be online to access my library? I am currently offline in Origin and can't access it at all! This seems very, very odd b/c I've already d/led the stuff in there and I shouldn't have to be online to access it. I can see it if I want to d/l something, but not to see stuff that's already there. Now Origin wants me to update it. I'm not so sure I want to do that either b/c I don't own anything new since the last time I bought City Living and I don't necessarily want the new features that they want to add.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't Access My Library
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:34:55 PM »
There shouldn't be any problems connecting to the in-game library regardless if your online or offline.

Here's something to try to see if you can see your library.

1. From the Main Menu, go to Options (upper right corner) > Game Options > Other (Or press the F4 key)
2. Turn off (uncheck) Online Features Access and click Apply.
-- The library should be accessible.
3. Click the Open My Library button in the top right of the screen to see if it's accessible.

Online Features Access turned off means the gallery is turned off and you only have access to the library.

Accessing the in-game library should be possible regardless if you have online features on or off. You can still click the option in the upper right corner of the screen to get to the library.

In other words, you'll have in-game access to the files in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray which are families, houses, rooms and community lots.

Origin maybe saying something about that because there is an actual update to the Origin client. I just got into game and saw that Origin has a new update.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:42:02 PM »
Just to add, the Origin update does not add anything to the sims game. It is an update for the application Origin which is different to a patch to the Sims 4, (which often does add new features and change etc).

It's a good idea to keep the Origin client up to date, so you can play your Origin games with full online capabilities. Even if you don't play online, keeping Origin up to date ensures you have access to your games.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 12:12:45 AM »
Thanks Mrs Flynn and Play! When I checked, that "online Features" was on. I turned it off now and was able to access my lots. :) 

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 12:13:44 PM »
Dear Play, I did update my Origin file which in turn, required me to update TS4. I was not able to play the game w/o updating it. :(  Now, I have to go through and update all of my mods. UGH! I think next time, I'll just not update origin until I'm ready to update the game.