Author Topic: How can I un-dormant my plants?  (Read 13153 times)

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
How can I un-dormant my plants?
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:59:19 PM »
Dormant crops are a royal pain. How am I supposed to grow life fruit if I can't tend my garden?

Is there any cheat or console command I can use to force the plants to become active again? Or maybe a mod that removes the dormant phase altogether?

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: How can I un-dormant my plants?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 07:31:32 PM »
Keep your plants inside for Winter. You can do it with all plants except trees. Indoor plants don't go dormant in Winter. It takes a day to "restart" them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 07:46:43 PM »
The last few games I've played I've turned off weather so I don't have to deal with dormant plants. A couple other things you could do, like Candy mentioned - bring them inside as in transfer them into pots.

Build a "green house" for the plants and trees. You may need to use MoveObjects to place the plants inside the green house. Unless you've got the green turf like stuff from Into the Future, I believe. I've never used it. So I don't know if the turf like stuff works.

Also with using the green house after the plants die you may need to replant some where outside the green house and then use MoveObjects again to place them inside the green house.

That has worked well for me when I have had weather turned on in my games.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 07:55:26 PM »
@MrsFlynn The ITF rugs work, but sprinklers can't water the plants that are on these rugs. Sprinklers just leave puddles instead. But NRaas Tempest fixes the bug so sprinklers can water the plants on ITF rugs.
I've also noticed that crystal plants generated with buydebug on ITF rugs indoors make the game crash if they're exported to the bin. I don't know if it's due to the rugs or to an issue with crystal plants with buydebug.

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »
Keep your plants inside for Winter. You can do it with all plants except trees. Indoor plants don't go dormant in Winter. It takes a day to "restart" them.
The game won't let me plant things indoors. Is there some sort of work-around or exploitable glitch to do that?

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:44:15 PM »
You shouldn't have any issues with planting inside as long as you have planters or Into the future's "nature's soil" rugs. You should have the possibility to plant everything inside except trees. But even trees can be moved inside on the special rugs if you use moveobjects on.
If you can't plant anything, this is a bug.

Offline Mystic

• Lady of the Shadows
  • Nooboo
  • Hello! I am Mystic, I also go by Zee.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 05:41:04 PM »
Nraas' DebugEnabler mod will let you edit a plant's growth state, however I'm not sure it'll help the plant if it continues to live outside. Your best bet would be to build a greenhouse as mentioned above, or use the planters from Supernatural.
♥ωε ċαrrγ όη♥
◦●Ŀαdγ ɱγștiċ●◦

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.