Author Topic: City Living Festivals: Picnic benches and other things blocking festival stuff  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Chuckles

• Nooboo
Whenever my sim goes to the Flea Market, there are picnic benches covering the tarps where furniture should be sold (no, they are definitely not items for sale). Whenever my sim goes to GeekCon, there are picnic benches that seem to be left over from the Romance Festival blocking the entrance to some of the virtual reality games. During the Spice Festival, there are those cases you can play a guitar or violin on blocking one of the grills. Now when I say covering or blocking in the three previously mentioned examples, I also mean that these items "spawn into" whatever they are blocking, meaning they are "inside" of each other. I'm under the impression that the game doesn't "de-spawn" (make disappear) certain things in order to make room for the stuff that spawns during a festival.

Is this a known bug? Is there anything I can do to my game to fix it? I really like these festivals.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Yes it is a known bug. It happens when your active controlled sim leaves the area too soon. The way to fix it is for you to keep your sim in the area until everything is back to normal. This can take quite some sim hours even after the festival has ended depending on how many pop-up booths have been spawned in during other visits etc. Just remember to never leave a festival until after it has not only finished but all the workers and items have gone.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chuckles

• Nooboo
Thanks!

Bummer that my sim has to waste way more time in the day, time being a very precious thing to a sim when you want to give them a limited lifespan. But I don't mind as much given all the Aspiration rewards I've taken. And Potions of Youth are a thing.

But again, thanks for informing me of the solution. It's much appreciated!  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I know, right. I basically avoid festivals now as I have to wait around for so long until everything despawns just so the next visit the items won't be all on top of each other etc.  :-\ It can be a real time drain if your sim works etc and has school aged children.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.