Author Topic: Told to reinstall product code?  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Told to reinstall product code?
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:29:09 AM »
bought and installed sims 4 when it came out.  played just for a couple hours and set aside, too hard to adjust from sims 3 to total different play.

went to bring it back up and told to install it; as if new game.  i am assume that is the series of numbers in the case, which i still have.
is that what it is asking?  for and i guess i will have to reinstall get together.  don't think i bought any other from origin. 
apologize for typing, hard to do one handed, tore rotor cuff   :(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Told to reinstall product code?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »
You shouldn't have to re-enter your product code. Give this a try:

1. If you haven't, download and install Origin.
https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

2. Login with username and password of the account you purchased the game with. All your Origin games should be there in the Games Library ready for download/install.

Sims 4 and other EA/Origin games are connected to your Origin account. You shouldn't need to re-enter the product code, as It's already noted on your Origin account which games you have purchased.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
double checked Origin and it says my account is inactive.  i'm not sure if i bought the game and expansion pack through them or wal-mart.  i can't remember how long ago i played any games on origin, been on steam lately checking out early releases.

i am guessing that it means i need to reinstall sims 4 and the get together expansion pack.  *sigh*

wondering, could i, since it doesn't recognize it as my game anymore, give this game to my grandkids in place of my buying them a copy and buy another copy, a bundle, for me?   is that seen as the same thing as if i were to give them my old copy of sims 3?  i will be buying another copy of sims 4 for me., so will be paying for both. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 12:59:20 PM »
If your account is inactive you will need to contact EA's customer service to see if they can help. As we can't help with account issues.

How To: Contact EA's Customer Service / Use EA Help
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg401708#msg401708

It's against EA's terms of service to share your Origin account and games with anyone regardless if they're friends or family. It's also against TOS to sell/give away games. Besides, the games are tied to your Origin account, so that can complicate things. As the game codes are one time use only.

Regarding your old copy of Sims 3. It maybe tied to your Origin/thesims3.com account as well. So I would just keep it and use it for yourself.

It maybe best to create an Origin account for your grandchildren, and purchase or gift a copy of the Sims 3 game to them via Origin or Steam.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »
thanks for the info,

i don't plan on ever sharing my account with anyone.  on sims three, giving that to someone would be, to me, a form of stealing, games are not books once it is installed it can not be transferred.
on sims 4, i was just wondering that if it wasn't installed, according to origin, would it be okay to give it to them.  but no big deal, i will just buy them one later on. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 04:26:25 PM »
Again, no it wouldn't be okay to give away your Sims 4 game. Regardless of it being uninstalled. It is still tied to your Origin account.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »
seems i have two origin accounts.  couldn't find the old one (original copies)of sims three and every thing on it, store bought games, items free and bought at store, all. 

bought new copy of sims three and two other expansion packs created new account and installed them, thought wrote down name and password.  couldn't find it when went to install sims 4.   made new one again shortly after release and two packs, work and get together.  frustrated with it all set aside for break.  decided since can't remember lot of info on playing 3 and been thinking about sims 4 give it another try, can use only one hand for possibly two or three months, try check it again.  found ironically password to second made account sims 3, brings up sims 4 but can't play it.  find after ask about it here another area passwords for games and sites, password for sims 4, sign and there is game and packs.    can play it.   so have two accounts, one  for sims 3, expansion packs, other games bought at origin, and another for sims 4.   
sigh   need to buy another notebook and put 2 other books into new one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 12:40:36 PM »
If you can verify your Origin accounts you can merge them into one account to help make it easier.

See post linked below for more information:

Can we transfer games from one Origin account to another?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg408737#msg408737

anything