Author Topic: What causes The Sims 3 to Crash?  (Read 2501 times)

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
What causes The Sims 3 to Crash?
« on: March 01, 2017, 05:36:55 PM »
I have been recently playing' The Sims 3' i had it in windows mode and it to crashed 'What causes this 'I am guessing it's low memory not just custom contents and mods.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: What causes The Sims 3 to Crash?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 05:45:10 PM »
A lot of things can cause the game to crash, conflicts with game and drivers for example. But you are correct, low memory can definitely cause crashing as well as outdated/corrupted mods and/or custom content.

Here's a list of tips below that will help lessen crashing.

General Crashing Issues
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425173#msg425173
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 07:08:47 AM »
@MrsFlynn I had 843GB on Drive C that's what could have caused My The Sims 3 game to crash plus, I had a problem with Microsoft Visual C Runtime that could have been another cause why my The Sims 3 game crashed plus,I made loads of The Sims 3 videos and, I have loads of Notes from Notepad they could be cause of why my The Sims 3 game crashed if i upload all my The Sims 3 videos to youtube and get rid of all my Notes from to Notepad to add on Facebook will i have enough memory to run The Sims 3 without any problems i now have 817GB on Drive C is that enough to run The Sims 3,I originally had 822GB on Drive C,I have heard you need to at least 600GB maybe even 800GB or less to run The Sims 3 is this true.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »
With all of Sims 3 installed, no mods/cc it should be around 50GB.

I don't think it's true that you have to have 600GB or more of space on your hard drive for Sims. Though having at least 100GB free of space on the hard drive would be good.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 12:20:14 PM »
@MrsFlynn I have a Acer Laptop Windows 10 so it's different it started off with 822GB' The laptop i used before was a Dell Windows 7.