Author Topic: Sims 4 Deleted One of My Sims  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Deleted One of My Sims
« on: February 28, 2017, 09:31:47 AM »
Hi, I've not played Sims 4 for quite a while. I loaded up the game last night and found out that not only did it delete one of my sims (she's totally gone, not even died), but it aged others into expiring from old age! These sims were alive when I last loaded the game. Unfortunately, I already saved so I probably can't go back to a prev save now. The sim the got "eaten" (disappeared) was a young lady who had just gotten married and I was looking for her to start a family. She was in the astronaut career. Has anybody else had this happen?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Deleted One of My Sims
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 11:14:26 AM »
Sounds like what may have happened is your Sim auto aged up as you played another household?

If so, what you might try is turning off/un-check mark Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) so that when you play other households. Your non-played Sims don't age.

In Live Mode, click Pause > Options > Gameplay > un-check mark Auto Age (Unplayed Sims)

Click image to see larger view
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 11:34:30 AM »
No, that's not the case at all. I even checked and I do have autoplay unplayed sims off. The last time I loaded the game at all, these sims were alive and the young lady was a part of the household. Now the elder sims have died and the young lady has totally disappeared.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 02:24:35 PM »

@Sonshine It sounds like your Sims decided to continue their lives without you :o I just know my own Sims conspire against me as well, lol ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 11:39:50 PM »
LOL  Another thing that is really weird is that another one of my sims appears as an elder in the contacts panel of one of the other families, but when I loaded up her household, she is normal and still young! Here is what I'm talking about.

Two Sarahs

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 03:50:13 AM »
@Sonshine  Is there an age progress bar somewhere on the interface that might shed some light? Unfortunately, I think TS4 is more buggy than we want to realize. I don't know if clearing the cache will help, have you tried? Other than that, it seems you have to manually edit all the Sims in question, save the household, and start it up in a new game :-\
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

anything