Author Topic: Detective -- How to Search for Clues  (Read 64375 times)

Offline JudithM

• Nooboo
Detective -- How to Search for Clues
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
When searching for clues, What does the highlighted mean after clicking on the place to search, and house to interact with it? I'm trying to have my cadet search for clues but they just stand there and look around. How do I know where the clues are and how to interact?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Detective -- How to Search for Clues
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 07:25:03 PM »
When you click on "Search for Clues," sometimes an object will pop up. You'll then be able to collect an evidence sample and possibly take a photograph. Sometimes nothing happens, however. In that case, just look for another burned-looking area. I believe that you usually get these interactions at an arson scene.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 05:08:51 AM »
Hi, I played the detective career and it was a lot of fun!  ;D Anyway, after arriving at the crime scene you want to look for burned out areas, graffiti and any broken objects, these are your clues. If you click on any of these the option to take a photograph or a swab will show up, these will be your evidence. Sometimes you may find more clues by clicking the ground and  selecting "Search for clues" and if you are lucky, more will turn up. Taking statements from witnesses (Ie: Sims at the crime scene) can help in the investigation too. Hope this helps. :)

Offline koryanders

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 08:38:22 PM »
The detective jobs seems to be very fun but very frustrating at the same time.   I did the collect clues at a residential area which was a house in one of the areas and everything the above person said was correct.   On another detective that I have whom happens to live in the city, on her first crime scene there was absolutely no evidence in the apartment.  I looked everywhere and did the search for clues all over the apartment even outside the apartment.  There seems to be a bug with crime scenes in the City Living Areas.

anything