Author Topic: Problem with leaving ANY lot by bike/car  (Read 1964 times)

Offline ameliecoubert

• Nooboo
Problem with leaving ANY lot by bike/car
« on: February 24, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »
I can't find any topic related to this problem, so I'm making new one. Sorry if there are mistakes, English is not my first language :)

So the problem is that I don't know why suddenly my sims are not able to leave ANY lot (including their house) or to go from one place to another when it's a longer distance. When I order a sim to go for example to the park, he does go outside the house, but he stops at the edge of the road and, at the moment when he would normally take a cab or get in the car, he just stands and all actions from the queue disappear.
But there's no problem when it's a carpool. So my sims are able to go to work/school and to come back.
It happens to my family in Bridgeport but I play the fixed version of the city, so I don't think it's a routing problem.
I've tried with no effect:
- moving them to the different house
- leaving the house by "go there" step by step (and it works as long as they don't need to use a car, if they do, actions disappear)
- moving them out and then moving in
- switching households
- putting the bike/car in the inventory
- resetsim, resetworld
- playing without mods
- reinstalling the game and all expansion packs (!)

It started suddenly and with no reason (no new mods) so it seems like some files are corrupted, but it shouldn't be the problem after reinstalling the game... I've run out of ideas, but I really like this family cause I've been playing it for so long, and Bridgeport as well, so I would really like to fix this :(
Will anyone help? :)

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: Problem with leaving ANY lot by bike/car
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 11:46:39 AM »
There must be some routing issues somewhere. Even with a fixed version of a world, it doesn't mean that all routing issues have been solved.
At this point, I see only 3 remaining possibilities : cleaning your sims' inventory and family inventory (because personal and family inventory can corrupt a sim as long as they aren't cleaned) ; installing Overwatch, Traffic and ErrorTrap to see if they'll fix the problem during the night ; and if even this doesn't work, moving your sims out to another version of Bridgeport. If ever you want to keep everything including relationships, considering using Porter to export your sims to the new town. You won't lose anything this way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ameliecoubert

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 04:01:33 AM »
Candyd, thank you so much! Cleaning sims' and family's inventories helped instantly :O I had no idea that it could ever be an issue!
What's funny is that UMBRELLA is the corrupted object :o If my sims have umbrellas in their inventory, the problem still occurs. I've been playing TS3 for almost 8 years and I've never seen anything like that... So I guess they have to get used to being wet or I have to reinstall Seasons once again.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 11:42:46 AM »
I'm surprised by the fact that umbrellas can do that too. It's usually ingredients or seeds that cause the issue. Good to know !

Offline ameliecoubert

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 03:46:39 AM »
Yeah, but it seems the problem is bigger than I thought. I think my save file was already corrupted because when I wanted to send one of my sims to the university, there were also some problems (university town loading screen each time stopped at like 99% for forever, plus I wasn't able to access university town from the 'edit town' mode), so I decided that was the time to reinstall the game and start a new family.
Surprisingly, there's still the issue with cars and umbrellas in the completely NEW game, family and neighborhood! I have no idea how it's even possible :-\ While trying to solve the problem, I realized it happens only when it's raining, when normally they would use an umbrella (that's why before I thought it only concerned one family, cause when I started a new one, it wasn't raining, so I thought everything was fine :'(), so the only solution that I came up with, but still I hope to find a better one, is to 'turn off' the rain in the weather options so that they don't use umbrellas at all. I googled it and I found only one thread with the same problem described, but no solution except for deleting umbrellas :( I prefer to turn off the rain, because I'm afraid it can also happen to other sims in the neighborhood who happen to have umbrellas in their inventory and I don't want my whole neighborhood paralyzed when it's raining...