Author Topic: Graphics Card Help? - AMD Radeon RX 470  (Read 4560 times)

Offline artillerydusk

• Nooboo
Graphics Card Help? - AMD Radeon RX 470
« on: February 20, 2017, 06:37:37 PM »
Hello ;),

I recently built myself a gaming pc so I could play the sims 3 at the highest settings, but the game doesn't want to read my graphics card. I've followed the steps on the stickied thread in the Technical Help forum, and watched countless videos on how to do it but it still says "[Found: 0, Matched: 0]". My card is "card 0x67df "Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics".  I place it under the Radeon 5xxxx series in the GraphicsCards, is that wrong? I also match it after the Radeon 5xxx series in the GraphicsRules. There are no cards similar to mine, so I have no clue how I would write the match in the GraphicsRules. Right now I have it written as "or match("${cardName}", "RX 470*")"

(If you're gonna tell me to follow the sticky thread steps again, please don't reply because I did // sorry).

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: Graphics Card Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 07:19:32 PM »
Hello ;),

I recently built myself a gaming pc so I could play the sims 3 at the highest settings, but the game doesn't want to read my graphics card. I've followed the steps on the stickied thread in the Technical Help forum, and watched countless videos on how to do it but it still says "[Found: 0, Matched: 0]". My card is "card 0x67df "Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics".  I place it under the Radeon 5xxxx series in the GraphicsCards, is that wrong? I also match it after the Radeon 5xxx series in the GraphicsRules. There are no cards similar to mine, so I have no clue how I would write the match in the GraphicsRules. Right now I have it written as "or match("${cardName}", "RX 470*")"

(If you're gonna tell me to follow the sticky thread steps again, please don't reply because I did // sorry).
Hi, artillarydusk. Welcome to the forums. :)

I think I see what went wrong and how to fix it. You have the right idea. Just change your line to read:
Code: [Select]
or match("${cardName}", "*RX 470*")
and it should work properly.

Hope this helps and happy Simming! 8)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline artillerydusk

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 07:54:33 PM »
Hello ;),

Hi, artillarydusk. Welcome to the forums. :)

I think I see what went wrong and how to fix it. You have the right idea. Just change your line to read:
or match("${cardName}", "*RX 470*")
and it should work properly.

Flynn

Thanks! My line is fixed now. For some reason, sims 3 still doesn't want to read my card though D: I really don't know what to do anymore.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 08:34:35 PM »
Let me give editing the files a try. It may take a little while as I'm in the middle of another project, but I'll try and have something for you to import into your game tonight. :)

Flynn

Offline artillerydusk

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »
Okay thanks! You can take your time, I'm a very patient person.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 08:42:26 PM »
Can you tell me what the card shows up as in the DeviceConfig.log file? e.g AMD Radeon RX 470?

Thanks. :)

Flynn

Offline artillerydusk

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 08:56:43 PM »
Yeah :)
This is exactly what shows up in the DeviceConfig.log file
Name (driver):   Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics
Name (database): Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
Vendor:          ATI
Chipset:         Vendor: 1002, Device: 67df, Board: e349174b, Chipset: 00cf

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 09:14:06 PM »
Give these a try (see attached zip file). Unzip and copy to your Sims 3\Game\Bin folder and try running the game. It should *fingers crossed* detect your graphics card.

Flynn

Offline artillerydusk

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 09:38:01 PM »
Give these a try (see attached zip file). Unzip and copy to your Sims 3\Game\Bin folder and try running the game. It should *fingers crossed* detect your graphics card.

Flynn
I can't thank you enough! The game finally detected my card :D I can't wait to play !

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 09:45:44 PM »
Awesome! Glad I could help. :)

Flynn

anything