Author Topic: I've done everything correct, and i still can't find CC houses.  (Read 13825 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: I've done everything correct, and i still can't find CC houses.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 01:51:58 PM »
The Library resetting itself may be a bug? As I've heard of reports gallery issues. I haven't had any issues like that, as I usually play with Online Features access off.

I'm not sure you'll be able to organize the Tray folder with subfolders. The game won't be able to see/recognize the files if they're in subfolders. From what I can tell.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Livvie_2416

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 01:56:30 PM »
Okay. I will just keep them separate. Thanks for all you're help! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 02:00:38 PM »
That might be the best way to handle that. As removing files out of the Tray folder ends up making the house/lot ; Sim room files not work right. If you don't remove all of the files that go along with the lot, for example. You'll end up with a photo of a llama. Then you'll have to hunt down those files and delete them. Which is a major pain!!

You're welcome!! Thank you for helping troubleshoot as well!! :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »
@Livvie_2416 I wonder, do you have problems when a new patch is installed ? Because if yes, always do a backup before patching.

Offline Livvie_2416

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »
What is a patch exactly? When they fix bugs and stuff and update the game? I'm really not sure. I haven't played Sims long. I bought it this past Black Friday when it was on sale. I didn't have a good computer at the time so i didn't play much because of how badly the game ran. I finally got a better computer a week or so ago, so I've been playing. I've watched gameplay on Youtube for a while though, but they don't about technical stuff like patching. I know patching is in many other games but I have never had a good computer till now so i haven't played many PC games.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
Yes, it's when the game is updated. It's always safer to keep a duplicate backup of your save before you let Origin patching. Even more if you play with custom content and mods.

Offline Livvie_2416

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »
Okay, i will start doing that. Thank you for telling me! I would be heartbroken if all the work i have put into it in the last few weeks was gone just like that!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 03:26:16 PM »
I agree. If you don't backup, patching can break your saves. Don't take risks. And always check your CC and mods after patching. They might not be compatible with new updates. For example, the toddler patch broke a lot of CC and script mods such as MC Command Center, and mods need updates after patching.

Offline Livvie_2416

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 09:23:58 PM »
ah okay. good to know. Thanks! :D

anything