Author Topic: My game keeps crashing?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Cierax

• Nooboo
My game keeps crashing?
« on: February 02, 2017, 07:31:12 PM »
Okay so for the last year and a half ive been having problems with my game crashing. Basically what happens is that I play my game with cc and it will let me play for about 2-3 hours but then it will crash. If I load that same family up, it will crash within two minutes of playing that family. My friend suggested that I turn off my CC, which i did. This allowed me to play my game with no crashing and it worked fine. After about 2 hours of playing with my cc turned off, I load the family up with the CC. Once again, it will let me play with the family for 2-3hours and then crashes. This same cycle repeats.
Whats weird though is that once the family crashes, if I started up my game and created a new family with CC, it lets me play again for a few hours.
I tried deleted my game and re-downloading it but i'm still having the same problem. I can't remember if it started crashing again before or after I started downloaded CC.
I'm really hoping that someone can help me because I've been trying to look online to see if this was a common problem, but it seems that nobody else has experienced this.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: My game keeps crashing?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:19:58 PM »
How much CC do you have ? Several GB, maybe ?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My game keeps crashing?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »
It sounds as though you may have already found your answer. As it sounds as the game runs best without custom content. You may need to go through your CC to find what's making it crash. See link below for help tips on that.

Check on the 3rd Party Custom Content
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401824#msg401824

Also, we have a tips post on general crashing issues. Take a look at it to see if any of them help:

General Crashing Issues
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425173#msg425173

If you feel there's more to this than just the custom content crashing the game, please post your computer's information so we can look into see if your computer can handle the game well.

How To: Find System Specs - Windows 10, 8 and 7
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21030.msg383733#msg383733

What to Share With Us - When sharing your DxDiag.txt file with us, all you need to share is the following system information and display devices specs. Or if you'd rather, you can attach the file to your post.

------------------
System Information:
------------------
System Manufacturer & System Model:
Processor:
Memory:
Operating System:
---------------
Display Devices:
---------------
Card name:
Manufacturer:
Chip type:

Display Memory:
Dedicated Memory:
Shared Memory:
Current Mode:
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *