Author Topic: Can't edit Sunset Valley, just takes me to China?  (Read 1695 times)

Offline AleksLehtinen

• Nooboo
Can't edit Sunset Valley, just takes me to China?
« on: January 24, 2017, 12:50:10 AM »
It all started when I sent one sim to China. He did not appear at first and his panel was blank. Eventually he showed up after some confusion but then could not perform any interactions there or leave the base. So I had him go back home. But then he couldn't perform any interactions there either and it was just that Sim. So I eventually went to edit the town and I saved there and got off cause I was tired. Before I opened up the game tonight I went into my documents and my save file and deleted the .bad save since people have said it's corrupt and okay to delete. That was the only thing I deleted. Then I open up my game and the Sunset Valley slot doesn't show a picture of my family, just three outlines of blank people. So I click on it expecting it to return me to Sunset Valley. Instead it has me editing the town in China. Everytime I go back to "edit my home" it just constantly takes me straight to China. This game is driving me up the wall and I would like to know if I can ever get my family back and what I should do. It just won't take me back to Sunset Valley.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't edit Sunset Valley, just takes me to China?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 02:20:04 AM »
The three outlines of blank people icon is because you saved the game in Edit Town Mode. With no family selected.

I tried to play-test what the problem is. I couldn't save the game while trying to edit China. The game wouldn't allow it. I traveled back to my home world.

Since I was still in Edit Town, all I needed to do was find my family and select Switch to This Household.

If this doesn't work, you may need to see if you have a save from before you traveled. As it sounds like your game was hit with the travel bug. This is a common bug. It hasn't been fixed, but there are work-arounds that might help.

Take a look at the tips in the post linked below:

Tip: Travel Bug
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27012.msg449145#msg449145
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything