Author Topic: Underground Sims  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Underground Sims
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »
Hi, lately in my current (edited) town, some of the sims I try to interact with are underground or invisible. Is this a sign of a town getting corrupted?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Underground Sims
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 08:07:55 PM »
I've heard of this happening before. I'm not sure if it's a sign of corruption or not.

I did find Crinrict has a post about it:

Invisible Sims
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-invisible-sims.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:13:24 PM »
In addition to the information at the link MrsFlynn shared, I'll share my personal experience with this glitch. I've seen it happen when sims don't change out of their work outfits, after a while they turn invisible. I just change their outfit back to their everyday with NRaas Master Controller and it usually clears it up. I also have a mod that puts a map tag on every sim in town (NRaas Tagger), so if I see a missing face on a sim's map tag and I check them and they're invisible, I fix their outfit with Master Controller.  Most of the time that solves the problem.  Resetting the sim might fix it, too, and if that didn't work, I'd try to reset the sim with Master Controller. Sometimes the reset feature on that works better than the vanilla "resetsim" command in testing cheats.

That said, if they've been stuck like that for a while the invisibility/glitch may be the permanent deal, and that's a bad sign for a save. A long time ago I scrapped a save where one of my household members was stuck permanently invisible after traveling. However, that was while the game was still being actively patched, probably around 2010 or so. I didn't use any mods at all back then, so my saves were much buggier without things like Overwatch to fix the errors that crop up from time to time.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Underground Sims
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:16:50 PM »
Does anybody here know what causes sims to be underground? I have 1 family where the cat is underground, more like stuck between floors and invisible. I can't interact w/her w/other sims selected either. I've had this happen w/some human sims too. Reset sim and nraas debug enabler/fix invisible sims doesn't work. :(

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 06:53:06 PM »
Sorry about forgetting about this thread. : /  I just did a MC/reset lot and that seems to have fixed the problem.

anything