Author Topic: Where did Grim go?  (Read 6099 times)

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
Re: Where did Grim go?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 03:13:23 AM »
@Playalot @coolsim9999999 thats so wild. Now I need to kill someone on a lot i'm on so he shows up and I can make friends with him. LOL So what's his status in the game right now? I know you can make friends with him. Can you get him to move in and/or start a relationship with him/get married or is that totally disemboweled in the game code now without mods?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 04:49:34 AM »
I don't think that in a normal unmodded game you can do much with Grim other than get to BFF stage and flirt, give rose and compliment. You can't ask him(?/it!) to move in. Basically in my game where Grim ended up in a house my game was broken as dead sims were never reaped if they died on an actively loaded lot. They just lay dead on the floor with the mourners permanently mourning them. I couldn't get another Grim to spawn as the game still recognized the housed-Grim at some level. lol It was quite the mess! Fun to mess around with but not so in a challenge file.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 11:01:52 PM »
Thank you, PAL.

I was mainly thinking of the game requirements, for Grim to become a neighbor. If he's a neighbor, that would make him easier to visit, without needing someone to die.

I wonder if it's some odd thing where Grim is culled, respawned, like a mailman, then possibly assigned to a household?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 02:52:31 PM »
I think out of all of the minor glitches I have in my game, this one I do not like at all.  So grim shows up for everyone else? I guess it is not so much a game breaker, but I am a creature of habit and I would prefer that grim would show up.  At least the sims get put in an urn, I don't think I could stand it if I had dead sims laying everywhere, that would be creepy, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 12:53:16 AM »
@Saltypaws

Returning to your original question, I had this happen just once when one of my sims unintentionally died of overheating in the sauna.
The sim turned into an urn but Grim never showed up.
After installing City Living, I had a sim die at a wedding at Myshuno Meadows' Center Park and Grim took around 2 sim-hours to show up. No could leave the venue until he showed up.

In the past month or so, I get a glitch where a household sim dies but their portrait remains in the lower left with the rest of the household until the family travels somewhere then returns. The first time it happened, I wasn't sure my sim was dead or not. Since then, I don't panic and just wait until the family travels or I exit/reload the game.

So, Grim has not been very consistent about reaping souls for me, either. I remember @Playalot having serious issues with Grim during the last two generations of her Hollingsworth Immortal Dynasty.
I'm curious what happened when your sim tried inviting the GR over to their lot.
As long as I'm not at Center Park, Grim has been appearing in a timely manner for the past 3 generations.

I checked at EA Answer HQ, but couldn't find any reports similar to your problem. Sorry, but I didn't find anything related to your problem.
Maybe @MrsFlynn can tell you how to proceed?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 12:02:54 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't find him anywhere.  He use to show up in my sims shops or restaurants and a couple of saves had him in their friends list.  It seems he has just vanished.  I have had quite a few sims die and no grim.  Oh well, maybe he is on vacation.  lol

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 03:58:21 PM »
I've tried to search on this problem and not finding anything either. It has me completely stumped. But does leave me with a question of does it happen in a new game? I'm wondering if some how the game got corrupted.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 09:25:56 PM »
Grim is not in my main family's game file, or the few sometimes family files that I have.  he also did not appear in my practice challenge file from a few days ago.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2016, 05:36:20 AM »
I am going to try a couple of things. Will post on what I find, if anything.

anything